Drink package? Yes or no (energy drinks)

helene109

We are a family of 4 my kids 21 and 17. We will have 2 cabins. My husband wants to get the drink package he drinks a lot of energy drinks and diet, and will occasionally have a beer or a mixed drink. Me on the other hand maybe 2 or 3 at most a night. My daughter just turned 21 and would like to try one or two. Would you buy it for both of us? Or would you put my son in my husbands room and only pay for one package? We did a 5 day a few years ago no package. We are doing a 7 day with 4 ports! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it doesn't really sound like you should buy any cheers package. None of you might make it worthwhile.

You would have to know how many energy drinks and soda's he drinks but Im not sure it makes a lot of sense

If you can put one adult in the room, and get one package I would do that. My friend cruised with us last year, and he had his own room and purchased cheers. He would buy drinks here and there for me and my kids (alcoholic & non alcoholic). worked out well

Good idea yes he would probably drink 2 or 3 a day but no way make the 15 limit and energy drinks don't count right but he might get tired of getting the drinks for me I will have to read up on it! Thanks

My suggestion, Take advantage of that bring your own 12 pack on board yourself. don't know what energy drink you guys like but there are some that come in 12 oz. cans in 12 packs at stores. bring your own on board. then for beer, cocktails and other drinks just buy as you need. But yea. The cheers drink package in your case would cost you way more then its worth. bottomless bubbles doesn't include energy drinks.

Good idea yes he would probably drink 2 or 3 a day but no way make the 15 limit and energy drinks don't count right but he might get tired of getting the drinks for me I will have to read up on it! Thanks

im not sure if I understood this but if he has the cheers package , he would not be able to get drinks for you. Sharing is not allowed. Maybe I didnt understand what you meant though.

I just saw the chart energy drinks are 5.46 and his mixed would be 10.29!!

I ordered a double Rock Star and Vodka last year and it was like 16 and change with tip. Best advice, get a couple 12 pks, you can bring 4, 1 per person. You folks sound like us, I drink a few a day and dw drinks the coffees and maybe 1 drink a day. I was going to get it for our cruise the end of the month. But as time went on, I was really thinking how we could get our "monies-worth" and realized I'd end up plowed every day trying to get my value. Soooo, we're buying them 1 at a time and taking our wine. If you end up with Cheers, have 1 for me!

The ethical thing to do would be as people have already suggested and that's to bring on your DH's energy drink of choice and pay as you go alcohol wise. If you're going to be unethical, then put your son and your DH in one cabin so that your DH can then get Cheers. He can then drink as much non alcoholic stuff as he desires and enjoy his occasional beer or mixed drink. He can then get 3 alcoholic drinks for you and 2 for your daughter and hopefully he does not get caught. Let your conscious be your guide.

If you can put one adult in the room, and get one package I would do that. My friend cruised with us last year, and he had his own room and purchased cheers. He would buy drinks here and there for me and my kids (alcoholic & non alcoholic). worked out well

This is why the cost of Cheers keeps rising...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

No matter how you spin it 3 people drinking off 1 drink package just isn't right.

That 2 or 3 for OP and 1 or 2 for daughter could turn into a few more. " Wow this new drink I tried tastes really good I think I'll get another".

Just pay as you go. You have to wait 5 minutes between drinks. It will become quite obvious to bartender what is going on.

I would buy one cheers package at least. The energy drinks are outrageously priced and they are the small cans (6 or 8oz? I think). He can easily get his beers and get you a drink or two with it, he could probably get away with getting your daughter drinks too but it does become a hassle especially if you are at a crowded area as drinks can take a few mins to make. I know my brother in law got me a few drinks on a cruise once with his cheers and I felt bad cause he would go get me one and it would take him 10 mins. Felt like I was wasting his time on his cruise.

Personally I would do two of them, those fruity drinks they make are sooo good, my non-drinking wife put the cheers to good use on my last cruise, she found two drinks she loved. I wouldn't be surprised if your daughter wouldn't enjoy drinking a lot of them throughout the cruise and it would be easier to get the third person drinks if two of you had the cheers.

The cost doesn't go up because people sneak and share drinks it goes up because that's how business works. The ethics police on cc kill me.

Carnival like all business that have stockholders or want to do well in business have to find ways to increase profits. Carnival has only so many rooms to book and can only buy so many new ships at a time. So the next option is to make a higher profit on what they sell already.

So let's stop blowing the ethics whistle and sitting on the high horse.

The cost doesn't go up because people sneak and share drinks it goes up because that's how business works. The ethics police on cc kill me.

Carnival like all business that have stockholders or want to do well in business have to find ways to increase profits. Carnival has only so many rooms to book and can only buy so many new ships at a time. So the next option is to make a higher profit on what they sell already.

if that gets you to sleep at night... thats fine.

if you dont think people that drink less on a ship because of sneaking alcohol on or cheating the cheers program then you need to retake economics in class again. But believe anything you want. the truth is if the profits go down because of cheating and sneaking.. the price WILL go up. plane and simple.

I buy the cheers program. I don't sneak anything on the ship.

How much do you think carnival cost is on one drink? What margin do you think they make on each drink sold?

Carnival raises the rates because they need to make more money every year. My business degree and marketing degree is enough school for me. Oh yeah I also have friends that owned bars and I worked in one right after high school.

I buy the cheers program. I don't sneak anything on the ship.

How much do you think carnival cost is on one drink? What margin do you think they make on each drink sold?

Carnival raises the rates because they need to make more money every year. My business degree and marketing degree is enough school for me. Oh yeah I also have friends that owned bars and I worked in one right after high school.

Frankly I'm amazed that as a person with a business degree wouldnt see that this is the most basic of things that a business will do. They create something that will help them with profits (cheers) and they put a price that they believe the consumer will pay along with the profit margin they will get. as the profit margin decreases, they must raise the profits to accordingly or restrict the policy further to make sure the average hit their calculated figures.

they can also adjust in different ways like raising prices of all alcohol onboard or raising cabin prices or things like that but usually they focus on the actual item that had the profits start to be reduced

You should read carnival p&l and read how they deliver a 95 million dollar savings... so again if someone shares a drink off of cheers it isn't going to cause carnival to close. It also points out the double digit growth in profit dollars for 2017... so the reason stuff is going up is carnival has a target they need to hit. Maybe you should go back to school and study how things work...

You should read carnival p&l and read how they deliver a 95 million dollar savings... so again if someone shares a drink off of cheers it isn't going to cause carnival to close. It also points out the double digit growth in profit dollars for 2017... so the reason stuff is going up is carnival has a target they need to hit. Maybe you should go back to school and study how things work...

for one person giving a drink away... sure if you look at it that short sighted.

if dozens of people do it an all the ships on all the cruises... well that is a different story

you can stay in your world to justify cheating carnival. I'll stay in reality. they already took steps to stop people from smuggling and people used to say 'what could smuggling hurt?' 'It wont hurt carnival because its so big a company and it has so much profits'... yet they did make changes. They raised the price of water 1 dollar after they saw that the price point they had wasnt meeting what they wanted... 1 dollar???? what is 1 dollar to Carnival.... yet here we are

if you dont think they will again...well.... thats your reality. I go with what carnival has already done.

so I will agree to disagree and bow out of this discussion because no more good can come of it. Bless your heart... Have a nice day

Edited by hftmrock

AMEN to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks last time he just bought the bubbles package as he drinks a lot of diet and now the sugar free energy drinks it might be worth it if he has a mixed drink and a beer or 2 plus the 2 energy drinks I have a few more months to think about it