Late embarking time

torcruise

What is the latest time someone can check in? My latest option to choose from is 2:30-3:00, but I'm wondering if I can check in later. My flight does not get in till 2:30 so I might be later them 3:00pm

Please tell me you are sailing out of San Juan at 10 PM.

Or

That you have an awesome, covers everything imaginable, insurance and you have made arrangements to "catch up" to your cruise.

I remember reading on a social media site of the saga of a lady trying to get to the cruise port in Galveston. Her flight was delayed at Love field in Dallas, luggage took forever and it took just over an hour to get to Galveston. She was on the phone with Carnival in Florida and they told her to do her best but they could not guarantee she would be allowed to board.

Yeah what everyone else has said. You have to be on board at least 1 hour before sail away and more likely 2 hours.

So unless you are sailing out of San Juan, or maybe have your flights booked with Carnival. You are really really cutting it way to close.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

1 hour prior. but if you booked with Carnival for airlines, they should wait for you. On our last cruise, we saw people running up at 4:45 and we set sail at 5. If you think there could be an issue, you may want to consider getting an earlier flight, coming in the day before, or at least getting Carnival insurance. Good luck!

I'm flying in to FLL for port everglades. I think I will change my flight, it was just way cheaper than earlier flights. Where does it say what time the ship will sail?

Honestly, trying to save money will probably cost you even more money in the long run. If you miss the ship (and the chances are very high it could happen in this case), you'll have to pay to fly to the next port, and for a hotel in either the embarkation city, or the next port city. That is, of course, if you even have a passport to be able to fly to the next port to begin with. And then there's all the meals that you will have to pay for yourself too, which can really add up.

Definitely switch your flight if you can, even if you have to pay fees. Heck, I would highly recommend switching to the day before if possible. With all of the problems that have happened in the last year, with airlines being shut down for entire days due to technically problems, having a one day buffer is probably the best insurance you can buy.

Anyway, good luck!

I'm flying in to FLL for port everglades. I think I will change my flight, it was just way cheaper than earlier flights. Where does it say what time the ship will sail?

Odds of you making the ship are very slim. change that flight, even if it costs you a couple hundred bucks. Your itinerary should show departure time, but most out of Lauderdale depart at either 4:00PM or 5:00PM. Yo must be checked in one hour prior to departure which would be 3:00PM or 4:00PM. Landin in Lauderdale at 2:30 is cutting it really close if you must be checked in by 4:00 and impossible if you must be checked in by 3:00.

And of course all of this assumes there are no flight delays and you make it out of the airport in record time. Yes, the airport is very close to the port, but I still do not see you making this work.

Edited by cruzeluver
more info

Why not fly in the day before you cruise it will eliminate all the stress and all the ( what might happen ) scenario.

OMG! My stress levels just maxed out! I won't fly in the day of, let alone landing at 2:30! That's assuming EVERYTHING goes right! I've flown way too many times that something, somewhere goes wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not fly in the day before you cruise it will eliminate all the stress and all the ( what might happen ) scenario.

Might even be cheaper to do the same flight the day before and a hotel room than an early morning day-of cruise flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the latest time someone can check in? My latest option to choose from is 2:30-3:00, but I'm wondering if I can check in later. My flight does not get in till 2:30 so I might be later them 3:00pm

IF and only IF you are on the May 7th Splendor out of Everglades rest easy. That ship does not sail until 9 PM. Every other sailing date of most ships the departure time is 4 PM. However, on this May 7th sailing of the Splendor the earliest check in time is 3 PM so I think this is NOT your sailing. Better come in a day early than to miss the ship altogether IMO. I'd rather pay the cost of a cheap hotel and earlier flight vs. the anguish of trying to make the ship with no margin for error on anyone's part. It is not worth it to me.