MSC Seaview December Crossing - Departure port changed. Venice to Trieste

Victor Joseph

I am always reading the MSC Fans blog and this week they informed that MSC has changed the departure port of MSC Seaside in december. Intead of Venice, she will now depart from the port of Trieste on december 1st. It's something like 120 km from Venice, very close from Monfalcone.

Here is the news:

https://www.mscfans.it/en/2017/04/04/msc-seaside-transatlantic-crossing-miami/

I also noticed that MSC has erased this cruise from their websites (USA, Italy, Brasil...), so probably when it comeback it will show the new departure port.

Well, i know that is for good reasons - helps to keep some tourists and huge ships away from Venice -, but we would prefer depart from Venice of course! :(

It has been Trieste for quite some time, not sure why they have only just released the info! but then that is MSC for you.

Seaview in title? Seaside originally was Trieste, but was changed to embarking in Venice for the last two months or so. Now the sailing is missing from MSC's booking website and recent reports from those booked are their itinerary shows back to Trieste.

We made our booking in september last year, and the original route was from Venice, departing November 30. Later, i saw that they changed the date for december 1st (but MSC have not informed us...). Now, i saw in a blog that the ship will depart from Trieste, and again we were not informed by MSC.

I am just wondering if they gonna give a shuttle/transfer for the ones who bought the cruise departing from Venice...

MSC have big issues with information, untill now we don't have an official information about the cabin size :(

MSC have a nasty habit of informing everyone apart from people booked on an amended cruise, they also have a history of having waited until final payment date has gone by before telling people about changes.

On the original Divina T.A to Miami we met an Australian family who did not know until five days into the cruise that the ship would not stop at Nassau, one of a number of people who had not been informed.

... the original route was from Venice, departing November 30...

Sorry, yes Venice was originally scheduled but there was skepticism. The change a couple months ago was the date to December 1st. There appears to be no official word of the change to Trieste.