Oasis Question - Looking for quiet places on the ship?

I've been cruising on Freedom out of Port Canaveral (most convenient port for me). I love the quiet of the deck chairs outside on Freedom's Deck 4, which are always peaceful (Deck 4 has the benefit of shade, as well as being out of the way so many passengers never use it). I'll be cruising solo later this summer on Oasis, and I'm hoping to find someplace similar?

Our family cruised on Allure a few years ago. It was a different experience, since I was with the family and everyone was very active. For solo cruises, I like to just catch up on my reading, sleeping and relaxing. I recall that I was never able to find a seat in Central Park since two large groups seemed to completely take it over all week (plus the benches weren't designed to settle in with a Kindle for an hour or two). I thought the Solarium was nice, but it got very hot during the day. Any tips for quiet, out-of-the way spots to relax on Oasis?

I remember Central Park having some quiet down time, as well as the solarium, and some higher decks around the pool area. The library, and some nooks in various bars and restaurants. There are also those "secret decks" that everyone talks about that have public balconies, I can't totally remember where they were or how to get to them though. Maybe someone else will know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

If you go forward down the state room corridor on the port side of deck 14 you will find the sun deck with amazing views. I had it virtually to myself all last week.

If the rock climbing wall is closed then aft on either side of deck 7 is usually empty as well.

I remember Central Park having some quiet down time, as well as the solarium, and some higher decks around the pool area. The library, and some nooks in various bars and restaurants. There are also those "secret decks" that everyone talks about that have public balconies, I can't totally remember where they were or how to get to them though. Maybe someone else will know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As far as I know most of the "secret decks" no longer exist as such. They've been converted to suites. They overlook the aqua theater area at the back of the ship. On Allure, we were up on deck 11 for sailaway before it was converted.

We spent our quiet time in the solarium up on the top level in the shade near the bar, but had to get there fairly early to get a seat. Otherwise, there are areas that aren't really utilized during the day for events such as lounges, but can be a quiet spot to read. It's just a matter of exploring til you find something that suits what you want.