Shore excursion feedback on the Eastern Transatlantic

Azulann

Am interested if anyone took the optional ship tour to Seville from Port of Cadiz?

I really want to go to Seville this time. Loved the town of Cadiz which I visited last summer.

But will take the ship tour to Seville if it is available when it is my turm to book it. The price of $99.00 is not bad. It takes about one and half hours to get to Seville. This tour is 6.5 hrs.

Or I can organize a private tour on my roll call with SpainDayTours which I used last year for other ports of call.

Also interested in feedback about the included tours in other ports of call on this intinerary?

Thanks in advance

I have not done this particular tour of Seville but here is my reaction to the plan. Yes, it is $99pp. But, it is 6.5 hours of which three will be spent coming. That gives you three and half hours in Seville not including bathroom breaks, a snack break, time spent getting a bus load of people on and off the bus, and time spent in traffic. And that is just my reaction without even knowing what they are planning to take you to see.

I have not done this particular tour of Seville but here is my reaction to the plan. Yes, it is $99pp. But, it is 6.5 hours of which three will be spent coming. That gives you three and half hours in Seville not including bathroom breaks, a snack break, time spent getting a bus load of people on and off the bus, and time spent in traffic. And that is just my reaction without even knowing what they are planning to take you to see.

Yes to everything Peregrina says but certainly worth it in some cases. We had a similar situation in Gdansk going to Malbork Castle. Transportation issues are going to be transportation issues regardless of how you get there if the attraction is not readily available in the port. If it's a paid excursion there won't be as many people as an included excursion. In our situation we were only in port for a short time Sunday morning with early departure at 1:00 pm. I had checked locally and could not find a way to do this on our own that was anymore economical and leaving the city and returning with the ship excursion meant we were covered if anything went wrong. We did have to forgo the included excursion due to time constraints but after using the castle in their ad campaign and doing some research I figured this opportunity would be something I should do, as long as I was in the neighborhood. It won't be presented to me again and I viewed it as opportunity knocking. With the tour, I picked up a lot more than I would have if I had tried to get there on my own and drifted around for the same three and a half hours aimlessly wandering.

We loved Cadiz as it was our first time in that port. However fellow cruisers booked a full private day tour to Seville and had a fantastic time.

As Peregrina said.....bus, bathroom stops, loading & unloading....

I would be torn on wether to just enjoy Cadiz again or do a private tour to Seville.

We loved Cadiz as it was our first time in that port. However fellow cruisers booked a full private day tour to Seville and had a fantastic time.

I would be torn on whether to just enjoy Cadiz again or do a private tour to Seville.

Yeh, that's what I was trying to say but I have so much going on in my head right now that any attempt at output comes out garbled.

And, of course, I don't have any of the details on the tour or how long you are in port or anything but I would be looking to spending as much time as possible in Sevilla--as in first off the ship and last to return, if i could--and if private tour was the best way to do it, I would strongly consider it. IMHO, you can't see much in three hours and even less if you are with a tour group (and I would not bank on it not being a full bus). Oh, and if it is Holy Week in Sevilla (or even worse Feria week, which is just after Easter) traffic will be even worse then normal.

On the other hand, if you have never been to Sevilla before and this might be your only chance, then do whatever you have to do go, even if that means the taking the Viking shorex.

I would be torn on wether to just enjoy Cadiz again or do a private tour to Seville.

We loved Cadiz too., walked the town on a Sunday after going to church. Now I know why women still use hand fans in Spain. I used mine throughout Spain& Portugal. It wa about 90 degrees F last July. Had a lovely day, they had a outdoor market in the early afternoon and you could walk close to the water.

I do want to go to Seville to tour the Gothic cathedral and see the tomb of Christopher Columbus, which is part of the tour, also there will be some free time to sit and have a drink and bite to eat.

I did a long tour from port of Malaga to Granada last summer with Spain Tours. It was a long bus ride also, but so worthwhile! Got to see the country- side. And our guide on the bus gave a history of the Moors in this area of Spain and the reign of Queen Isabella. Made the time fly. Gave great context to the Alhambra, tour by a different set of guides in very small groups of ten.

Isabella was one strong woman who built a united kingdom and made Columbus the Admiral of the Seas! I am a Columbus buff. I have been to Santo Domingo DR, Portobello, Panama and have read all about his four vovages. This is on my List.:D

I lean toward the ship tour because if there is delay due to traffic, the ship will wait for us. It will be after Easter in 2018.

Hoping some one who did the Viking ship tour to Seville will respond too.