Ship vs Private Excursion Costa Maya

GStonelake

Know there is a Costa Maya board, but wanted opinions from Celebrity board.

On the fence ... Celebrity ship excursion to Chacchoben and Uvero Beach or Native Choice Chacchoben and Lago Bacalar?

Ship arrives at 7am leaves at 5pm. Both Excursions are about 5.5 hours. Always nervous about using a new (to me) local company. Any feedback appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Native Choice Chacchoben

Used Native Choice in January. Well run and our guide was very knowledgeable. We had our 7 year old granddaughter with us and he included her in and kept her interested. Got back to the port with enough time for some shopping.

We used Native Choice in Costa Maya and were super happy with our tour. We went to Disbanche (?). Guide was super knowledgeable and we learned a lot about the Mexican interior as we traveled along. We got back to ship with plenty of time to spare. I would highly recommend them.

We are using Native Choice for our excursion in a couple of weeks. They have been very easy to deal with - answered my questions right away via email.

Not sure when you are travelling but I can update after we return (05MAY)

We are looking forward to the smaller group and seeing the ruins we wanted to see not the others.

We had a good experience using native choice in a different port. In my experience local providers do better tours for lower prices than the cruise line. You should have plenty of buffer time, I would do the native choice tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are using Native Choice for our excursion in a couple of weeks. They have been very easy to deal with - answered my questions right away via email.

Not sure when you are travelling but I can update after we return (05MAY)

We are looking forward to the smaller group and seeing the ruins we wanted to see not the others.

Look forward to your update ... we are sailing after you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums