Changed Dining online - system Repriced my Cruise (Not for the better)

Booked a future reservation on Liberty of the Seas a week ago, happy at the time with the stateroom cost and promotions.

Today I accessed my reservation to change the dining preference, and also linked to 2 family reservation #s for dining.

I just checked my reservation, and it has been repriced !

Luckily I had RCI send me an email confirmation last week showing the lower price. I will call C&A in the morning to see if they can restore my previous pricing.

Has anyone else had this happen through making a simple change such as dining?

This is not the way that websites are supposed to behave! RCI, please look into this.

What are the odds that I can recover my old pricing?

Yes, the repricing has happened to others. Some people just have to sneeze when looking at their reservation.

Ha! Thanks for making me smile. I needed that.

And Congrats to you on the 100,000+. Your advice is always cheerfully given and appreciated by all of us.

Booked a future reservation on Liberty of the Seas a week ago, happy at the time with the stateroom cost and promotions.

Today I accessed my reservation to change the dining preference, and also linked to 2 family reservation #s for dining.

I just checked my reservation, and it has been repriced !

Luckily I had RCI send me an email confirmation last week showing the lower price. I will call C&A in the morning to see if they can restore my previous pricing.

Has anyone else had this happen through making a simple change such as dining?

This is not the way that websites are supposed to behave! RCI, please look into this.

What are the odds that I can recover my old pricing?

Did it totally reprice your reservation or did it just add prepaid gratuities?

We made a preference change on an upcoming cruise and it caused gratuities to be added to my reservation. I noticed the total was different but once I checked, it was just gratuities. I hadn't planned on prepaying them but I left it alone because I have read that someone else who had the same issue and had the gratuities removed also lost all their MTD reservations.

Did it totally reprice your reservation or did it just add prepaid gratuities?

Oh, Mema, you are exactly right. There are prepaid gratuities added now. That is the price discrepancy.

I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the total price increase, and didn't take the time to examine it fully.

Thank you so much for your wisdom!

Oh, Mema, you are exactly right. There are prepaid gratuities added now. That is the price discrepancy.

I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the total price increase, and didn't take the time to examine it fully.

Thank you so much for your wisdom!

You're welcome! I did the same thing. I ended up calling and the rep looked at it and pointed out it was gratuities.

I don't remember who said they had them removed and it automatically removed all their dining reservations but I figured it wasn't worth messing with and just left the gratuities on the reservation.

If you do have the gratuities removed, check everything you have prebooked, just in case.:)