Cruise Confidential

kktexas

I read the book Cruise Confidential a few years ago telling the inside story of being a waiter on a ship. I'm wondering if there were an updated version written today by a waiter or maitred, what would you want to learn from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read the book Cruise Confidential a few years ago telling the inside story of being a waiter on a ship. I'm wondering if there were an updated version written today by a waiter or maitred, what would you want to learn from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rumor has it there was three or four versions, but I have only seen and read the first one. Btw he posts here from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, there was at least one follow-up book published: Ship for Brains: This ain't no galley tour. A Google search might be helpful to determine if other titles exist.

Interested in books written by those on cruise ships? May I recommend a couple of books written by Hans Mateboer, a Holland America Captain who currently is one of the two Masters of M. S. Rotterdam VI. Captain Mateboer has written books suitable for adults as well as some books for children.

I just wanted to reiterate the OP's actual question. If I understand correctly, I don't think they're asking whether or not there's been more recent books written, but rather what "dirt" you'd like to learn from these types of books if they were written more recently. Bruns' last one is a few years old.

I haven't read any of his books, but read short excerpts after someone had posted an article about one of them (I don't remember which one). I'd like to know how much things have changed since his time as an employee to now. What affects new rules & regulations has had on the crew now compared to the massive party atmosphere he described.