Oceania Cruises Launches Fleetwide Vegan Menu

LauraS

I am so pleased to hear about this. I've been reading a lot about Oceania cruises and trying to decide if my husband and I should book a cruise. Good food is important to us; but we eat a mostly plant-based diet and some seafood. Higher quality steaks and such aren't a draw to us. I am now more inclined to try Oceania for a future cruise.

I have two thoughts:

1) Will these be healthy options? Vegan and healthy aren't synonymous.

2) Will there be some soup options.

I just booked our first cruise ever with Oceania. Because we like quality food. Since we lean towards being healthy low fat vegetarians I hoped that Oceania would be a good fit food wise. I'm getting the vibe that I made a good choice.

Vic

Oceania has the best food at sea. No discussion! And whatever they do in the culinary department is done well. I know I will try some of the vegan dishes (I am an omnivore...) but I also know I shall eat a LOT of lobster on my next cruise. Victw - you will be in heaven!!

I've never been on Oceania, but this new vegan initiative may well prove irresistible to me! :D

A quick question to Oceania veterans, I have sailed on Seabourn for over 8 years and love their product. On Seabourn, I typically place a special order by emailing them 2 months prior to sailing with my requested items (unsweetened soy milk; my preferred French mineral water and wines, vegan meat substitutes - tempeh, seitan; vegan cheeses, yogurt, ice cream, marshmallows, etc.), and Seabourn does a great job in fulfilling most if not all of my requested items, at no extra cost.

Can I expect the same from Oceania? Thanks.