Alcohol in baggage

RCI newbie

hi, believe we can bring 2 bottles of wine on board with us, do these have to be in hand luggage or suitcase?

Also, if anyone can advise on bar prices for a beer and pina colada please and individual cost of a coffee and can of Fanta that'd be helpful for us to decide whether or not to buy drinks package or face a bill at end! Thanks in advance.

hi, believe we can bring 2 bottles of wine on board with us, do these have to be in hand luggage or suitcase?

Also, if anyone can advise on bar prices for a beer and pina colada please and individual cost of a coffee and can of Fanta that'd be helpful for us to decide whether or not to buy drinks package or face a bill at end! Thanks in advance.

Your choice, carry-on or checked bag. However, carry-on will likely be less hassle, with no delay in bag delivery and less chance of breakage.

Cans of soda are $3.84 now. Beer runs $6 to $8. Pina Colada runs $10 to $12. Regular coffee is free.

Not sure which port you are sailing from but in Canaveral the porters will remind you that wine must be carried on and NOT put in your checked luggage. Also there they will no longer let you put a luggage tag on a case of water for delivery to your room...this also has to be carried on.

Price of beer on the Oasis, I believe was $7-$9 and frozen drinks were anywhere from $11-$12. A can of soda was around $3.

Different ports and ships may have different policies. This was just our experience on the Oasis two weeks ago.

Bring the wine in your hand luggage for declaration upon boarding.

You can look at this link, but realize it is several years old now and specific to Princess. You didn't mention what line....and that makes a difference.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=319857&d=1405909924

Unless you drink quite a lot, the beverage packages seem to cost more than what the average customer consumes.

It depends on what cruise line you're talking about. Some require beverage to be in your hand carried bags. Others allow them in checked bags.

I'd suggest asking the question about how much such things cost (onboard, I'm figuring?) you should ask on that respective cruise line's forum.

Your choice, carry-on or checked bag. However, carry-on will likely be less hassle, with no delay in bag delivery and less chance of breakage.

Cans of soda are $3.84 now. Beer runs $6 to $8. Pina Colada runs $10 to $12. Regular coffee is free.

Small point but this is from Royal..

Each bottle of wine may be up to 750ml in size and should be brought on in your carry-on luggage. Do not put the wine in your checked luggage...

If you put your wine in checked luggage and get caught they would assume you also brought it in your carryon

Hi, many thanks! Sorry I never mentioned its Navigator of the Seas from Southampton we are going on!

I have asked RCI direct but they won't share info on drinks prices with me, just try and push the packages!

If package includes CANS of soda, I will probably go with it and stock up on these for days when we are off ship but the cost of package seems a lot considering we will only be on board for 6 full days out of the 14 which could mean a lot of drinking in the evenings just to cut even?! Sailed MSC previously and their drinks packages were so reasonable compared to RC!

I know on Carnival and some other lines wine & soda MUST be brought on IN your carry on. If it is not, they will open suitcases and take it out. You get it back on the last night or morning.

On Carnival soda is $2.25 per can plus tip.

On some ships, everyone over 21 in the cabin, MUST buy the package. And only the person who bought it can use it. You can't buy a drink for any one but your self- and the waiters make sure you don't.

I've read here you should have 7-8 drinks per day to make it worth while. And you can get a bucket of beer for a discount. A cruise buddy of ours gets a bucket and puts what he doesn't drink in his cabin fridge to drink later.

We don't drink during the day so its not worth it for us.