Letter I sent Carnival over Adult Only Pools

LewLewBelle

I am so upset over this ! If I wouldn't lose my deposit I would cancel and book with Royal!!!! If you want to send complaint email here is address..... guestsolutionssupport@carnival dot com

Dear Carnival,

Today I called your customer service department to confirm there will be no more adult only pools. This is a very upsetting matter for our family. I have nothing against children as we have 3 adult sons. However when I book a cruise I want to have a pool that is for adults. I can tell you this will be my last cruise with Carnival unless this rule is changed. Royal has adult only area as does Disney, Celebrity and so many others. Cruisecritic message boards and others are in agreement with me on this matter.

What reasoning is for this change? You are only catering to only families with children. We are middle aged with grown children, so having to share a pool with kids is NOT fun for our demographic. How about young couples or just couples on a cruise? Sorry this change has been made but I guess if there is enough of us leaving Carnival then maybe you will reconsider.

Sincerely UPSET customer

My feelings exactly. I cruise to get away from kids!!

Karen

PS: I only booked my Pride 11/2018 cruise because of the length/ports

Pride is a nice ship sailed her 3 times :) My only concession is we are sailing first week of Sept and hoping kids will be in school !!!

I agree wholeheartedly.

I calledCarnival to verify that the Splendor was within this change. They could not even tell me anything. They had no idea what I was talking about. Really smart people.

I came here to find out it is on the list. Makes me angry. We are also 2 adults who enjoy a no kiddo place to relax.

Thanks Carnival for screwing us again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"No more adult only pools"? I thought some ships will still have adult only pools in the serenity and spa areas

No according to lady I spoke to at Carnival. She looked up my booking on Pride and said it was also in the change. I think it is fleet wide.

No according to lady I spoke to at Carnival. She looked up my booking on Pride and said it was also in the change. I think it is fleet wide.

The reps are sadly mistaken about many things. This being one of them. The only ships that are affected are the Conquest Class plus Splendor and Victory. They aren't going to allow children in the Serenity area.

With that being said, I am also very disappointed in this change. Another place to send an email is cclsupport@carnival.com.

There is also a petition here: https://www.change.org/p/cclsupport-carnival-com-bring-back-adult-only-pools

I am going on my 18th cruise in 24 days ... and other the serenity pool on the Sunshine I never realized that any of them were kid free ......... I have never used one of the pools on a ship ....... but I have seen children in all of the hot tubs on all the ships I have been on .... so I guess I just always assumed that kids could get in all the pools also ......

With everyone leaving Carnival and cancelling their cruises, that just leaves more rooms and space in the pool for everyone else [emoji1]

You and about dozen 8 yr olds screaming "MARCO........POLO". Have a blast on your vacation pulling chicken fingers out of your umbrella drink [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This whole thing is a bit upsetting. I have spent 31 of my 50 something years on this planet taking care of children. My own children and other people's children. I have spent all these years changing diapers, watching Sesame Street, being room mother for school, Girl Scout leader, den mother for cub scouts, costume maker for various school plays, spent many a sleepless night chaperoning loud sleepovers, sitting through endless Chucky Cheese birthday parties, chaperoned teen lock-ins, served on Booster Clubs, dished out endless dinners at youth fundraisers, peddled countless knick knacks and chocolate bars for organizations, took many years of cheap kid centered vacations so that the kids could have fun while still being able to afford their dance lessons, sport camps, team supplies etc. I have FINALLY reached the age where I could go on a trip WITHOUT the kids, and had booked a cruise for just my husband and I and I was so looking forward to being able to have just a tiny bit of peace wo screaming running children. Some of us have earned this. And I would think that many of the parents still in the middle of child rearing would also welcome a little time away and some peace and quiet.

The kids have plenty of space on the ship and plenty of things catered just for their enjoyment, so why can't the adults have one tiny space on the ship we can call our own? Please????

You and about dozen 8 yr olds screaming "MARCO........POLO". Have a blast on your vacation pulling chicken fingers out of your umbrella drink [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry honey, no chicken fingers or umbrella drinks for me. Plenty of quiet places for me to get away for some peace and quiet on the ship. When I need a break I will retreat to my spa balcony room, the serenity area or the adults only spa.

"No more adult only pools"? I thought some ships will still have adult only pools in the serenity and spa areas
24 ships in the fleet...22 have Serenity...2 have Serenity with a pool, Pride and Sunshine. So 2/24 adult only pool.....24/24 kids pool.....24/24 family pool.

Well said but you should remove the sentence: "Cruisecritic message boards and others are in agreement with me on this matter."

Cruise Critic isn't Carnival's favorite and you really don't know if the message boards are in agreement. Only the people that post about it. CC is a vast minority of Carnival's customer base.

My two cents.

Take care,

Mike

I agree wholeheartedly.

I calledCarnival to verify that the Splendor was within this change. They could not even tell me anything. They had no idea what I was talking about. Really smart people.

I came here to find out it is on the list. Makes me angry. We are also 2 adults who enjoy a no kiddo place to relax.

Thanks Carnival for screwing us again.

Splendor is not adult only any more. Re-thinking my Hawaii cruise on her next year.

24 ships in the fleet...22 have Serenity...2 have Serenity with a pool, Pride and Sunshine. So 2/24 adult only pool.....24/24 kids pool.....24/24 family pool.

Need to include Spirit, Legend and Miracle to the count of ships that have a Serenity area with a pool.

Thanks firemanbobswife, I filled out the petition! I don't want to lose my deposit $$ on my Glory cruise, or I would change to RCCL. The kids have their places to hang, including pools, I sure hope this decision will be reversed! I don't like the screaming and the splashing and kids spitting water out of their mouths, eewwww. Hey mom, mom MOM, MOM, Look, watch me! I know that is what kids do, I want to relax, maybe read a bit, snooze have a few cocktails. Just one area on the ship we can relax, have adult conversation.

Cindy

First I just signed the petition.

Now, Carnival may allow children to use the back pool, but we can do everything we can think of by making kids and their parents feel uncomfortable being in the back pool.

1. Must of us wade along the side of the pool with our beverages next to us. So if we take up most of the area around the side of the pool kids maybe too intimidated about trying to enter the pool.

2. Sense we consider the pool to be an adult pool use colorful language. Parents with young children will not want their kids to be hearing all those four little words and sexual discussions.

3. Ladies, where bikini tops that are two sizes too small and thong bottoms or other tight bikini bottoms.

4. Couples this is now the area of the ship to show personal display of affection. Parents are very uncomfortable for their kids to witness this type of activity.

I know in today's world must parents don't care what their kids do or see. But if we can make the area as uncomfortable as we can, families may not want to hang around the back pool.

This whole thing is a bit upsetting. I have spent 31 of my 50 something years on this planet taking care of children. My own children and other people's children. I have spent all these years changing diapers, watching Sesame Street, being room mother for school, Girl Scout leader, den mother for cub scouts, costume maker for various school plays, spent many a sleepless night chaperoning loud sleepovers, sitting through endless Chucky Cheese birthday parties, chaperoned teen lock-ins, served on Booster Clubs, dished out endless dinners at youth fundraisers, peddled countless knick knacks and chocolate bars for organizations, took many years of cheap kid centered vacations so that the kids could have fun while still being able to afford their dance lessons, sport camps, team supplies etc. I have FINALLY reached the age where I could go on a trip WITHOUT the kids, and had booked a cruise for just my husband and I and I was so looking forward to being able to have just a tiny bit of peace wo screaming running children. Some of us have earned this. And I would think that many of the parents still in the middle of child rearing would also welcome a little time away and some peace and quiet.

The kids have plenty of space on the ship and plenty of things catered just for their enjoyment, so why can't the adults have one tiny space on the ship we can call our own? Please????

This is a perfect letter to send carnival. I hope you send this.

First I just signed the petition.

Now, Carnival may allow children to use the back pool, but we can do everything we can think of by making kids and their parents feel uncomfortable being in the back pool.

1. Must of us wade along the side of the pool with our beverages next to us. So if we take up most of the area around the side of the pool kids maybe too intimidated about trying to enter the pool.

2. Sense we consider the pool to be an adult pool use colorful language. Parents with young children will not want their kids to be hearing all those four little words and sexual discussions.

3. Ladies, where bikini tops that are two sizes too small and thong bottoms or other tight bikini bottoms.

4. Couples this is now the area of the ship to show personal display of affection. Parents are very uncomfortable for their kids to witness this type of activity.

I know in today's world must parents don't care what their kids do or see. But if we can make the area as uncomfortable as we can, families may not want to hang around the back pool.

"Wow " is all I have to say to this post.

In theory, yes. Too bad that Carnival will not enforce it.