Next Cruise question

Z3r0

My wife and I are currently booked for a cruise in mid July, that we booked on our last cruise. We already know what cruise we want to book next (Harmony in 2018), and I've already started looking at rooms.

We found a room that I would absolutely love, however it is much more beneficial to book on a cruise ship with the Next Cruise deposit discounted, and the extra on board credit.

If I book a room through Royals website, can they cancel the reservation while I'm on board, and then re-book the same room using the Next Cruise program?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Last I heard, they will not cancel your existing booking onboard. However, if you have the internet package, and you have booked the stateroom using RC's website, you can cancel it yourself.

This is how I would do it. Have the onboard person book the any stateroom, same exact category as you have. This way you can verify the price, OBC, etc. Then cancel the original booking, and have the onboard person switch staterooms.

They did cancel my previously TA made reservation when I re-booked with NC. I had to sign a specific form to do it. I did the same thing you're doing to get the NC OBC. The reduced deposit wasn't a big deal as it's "pay me now or pay me later".

They would not switch cabins for me. It had something to do with the IT system not immediately freeing up my previously booked cabins. That was almost a deal breaker as I had two connecting cabins booked. But there were two other connecting cabins available just a few doors down so NC just booked our kids in those.

However, when I got back home I transferred the NC booking back to my TA. She put it into a group booking at a lower fare than NC gave me and she gave me additional OBC. Only downside was I had to pay the normal full deposit.

I also booked an OS for the same cruise with NC, which my TA couldn't touch that cabin fare so we didn't put that in her group booking. But we did transfer it to the TA and she still gave me additional OBC and I kept the NC OBC.

Just don't take the instant OBC when you book with NC. If you cancel you won't get your deposit back.

Last I heard, they will not cancel your existing booking onboard. However, if you have the internet package, and you have booked the stateroom using RC's website, you can cancel it yourself.

This is how I would do it. Have the onboard person book the any stateroom, same exact category as you have. This way you can verify the price, OBC, etc. Then cancel the original booking, and have the onboard person switch staterooms.

This is what I would do too. You do not even need to buy the internet package, you can access the RCL site for free from any device or from one of RCLs computers.

What is the deposit difference booking with the Next Cruise team on board vs at home do you mind me asking? And I presume the OBC varies?

Booking on board OBC:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50760283&postcount=55

Booking via calling or website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=426&faqSubjectName=Group+Reservations&faqId=4836