Any suggestions for a boutique hotel in South Beach?

lukydog

Staying one day post cruise in Miami and interested in staying in a boutique hotel in South Beach. There will be 2 couples. We are 60 so not interested in clubbing, but still young at heart. Would love some suggestions for a neat place to stay for 1 night. If it was within walking distance to Lincoln Road Mall would be great. Thanks so much!

We stayed at La Flora a couple years ago. It's a small hotel a block off Ocean Dr. ( 12th and Collins) and walkable to everything. Too because it's off Ocean, away from late night noise. It isn't a resort with pool and restaurant. But includes a little breakfast and drinks during happy hours. Check it out on TripAdvisor for reviews. We found it fit our needs perfectly. Clean,friendly staff, nice rooms,and can't go wrong on location.

It fills early, so not sure of availibilty and rates for your date.

We stayed at La Flora a couple years ago. It's a small hotel a block off Ocean Dr. ( 12th and Collins) and walkable to everything. Too because it's off Ocean, away from late night noise. It isn't a resort with pool and restaurant. But includes a little breakfast and drinks during happy hours. Check it out on TripAdvisor for reviews. We found it fit our needs perfectly. Clean,friendly staff, nice rooms,and can't go wrong on location.

It fills early, so not sure of availibilty and rates for your date.

Thank you! Will check it out.

Our son had his wedding last November at the National Hotel (1677 Collins Avenue) just a half a block to Lincoln Road. It is a gorgeous art deco hotel (recently renovated) with spectacular pools and grounds and opens onto the boardwalk and beach. The location is wonderful. It isn't cheap in season but you should be able to get a much better price in mid September. http://nationalhotel.com/

One of the most famous is the Delano. It's also not cheap but in the off season it might be in your range. I have never been in the rooms there but the pool area is really nice. The Marlin is a little further away from Lincoln Road (1200 Collins) but was just renovated. Again I've never been in the rooms but the bar was really cool although I was last there several years ago. Marlin gets good ratings on TripAdvisor. Enjoy your trip.

I recently stayed at the Penguin (Ocean Drive) over the Wine and Food Festival weekend. I have also stayed at the Richmond (oceanfront), Savoy (not near Lincoln Rd, but oceanfront), as well as Harrison (not near Lincoln Rd). A cool area is south of 5th; I used to live on 3rd Street and Collins Ave, and now the building is a boutique hotel, SoFi ( 1-2 bedroom apartments with kitchens ).

Sent from my iPad using Forums