Hotel suggestions - Port Canaveral

We have a cruise booked on Oasis and this will be the first time we've sailed out of Port Canaveral. We plan to rent a car from the Orlando airport and drive to a hotel near the port. I'd appreciate hotel suggestions near that area and also if anyone knows which car rental agencies might have a shuttle to the port when we return the car the morning of the cruise. Thanks for your help.

We have a cruise booked on Oasis and this will be the first time we've sailed out of Port Canaveral. We plan to rent a car from the Orlando airport and drive to a hotel near the port. I'd appreciate hotel suggestions near that area and also if anyone knows which car rental agencies might have a shuttle to the port when we return the car the morning of the cruise. Thanks for your help.

We have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites several times and last year we stayed at Homewood Suites which is right across the street from Country Inn. Both hotels are very nice and just a couple minutes drive from the port.

Here's a map of rental car agencies. It might not be 100% accurate as far as location, but all the agencies on the map have shuttles to the cruise terminal:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46477988&postcount=5

Closest hotels to the port: Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, and Radisson.

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites. At that time, we were travelling with my son and two of his friends. We were able to get a room with bunk beds and a separation between that area and the other area. Their free breakfast was decent and we used their shuttle service to the port. I was very impressed when I accidentally left my ipad in the room and they took the time to find me in the shuttle waiting area to return it to me.

We did exactly what you're planning to do for our January 2017 Oasis cruise. We rented a car through Alamo. Did all of the check-in online. Basically show up and get your car. Super easy. We then drove to Port Canaveral and checked into Homewood Suites. Near new hotel, so everything was very nice.

The next morning, we drove to the Alamo location, returned our car, and waited a short amount of time for the shuttle bus to take us to the port. Port is rather disorganized and that took longer than anything for the shuttles to drop off.

To return to the airport in Orlando, we took a pre-arranged shuttle through Cortrans. Can find them online at cortrans-shuttle dot com. ( If I put the address in website format, it will get deleted.) Since we were flying out the same day, we had heard it could take some time to get a rent car. We only had our carry on's since we did Luggage Valet. Saw luggage once arrived home. So convenient.