Another Cheers program question

Drrandall

Martinis. We all know a vodka martini up or on the rocks is 2 to 3 shots. Any other martini drinkers out there that used the Cheers program before? Did they only give u a 1 shot martini? I keep going back and forth if I should get cheers or not. I probably will but then again I can get a bottle of Smirnoff delivered to the room for $60. A few of those would be half the price of the whole Cheers program.

I cannot answer definitively but Carnival's drink price limit is $50 per drink so I'm thinking you can ask the bartender for as many shots as you want as long as it totals less than $50.

Edit: UNLESS they consider each shot a separate drink. I've read on this board though that bartenders can and will do double shots upon request. I'm sure someone who has actually done what you're asking will have better info.

Edited by joepeka

Regular Cheers user here.... If you order a shot, you may order just one. If you order a drink, you get the regular drink as would be served to anyone ordering it, but you can't (officially) get a double. A martini is a drink, not a shot. Go to the Alchemy Bar for your martinis. You won't be disappointed. Make friends with the mixologists. You'll be treated well.

If your ship does have an Alchemy and you DON'T drink martinis, make nice with the mixologist and he'll make you a "martini" with whatever you want. Last cruise, we hung out at Alchemy every evening. I do love martinis, but my husband is a whiskey/bourbon guy. Our mixologist crafted him a "gentlemen's martini", which was basically Makers Mark neat. Hubby was pleased. :)

We drank in the Atrium Bar and found our favorite bartender. We drank Belvedere Martinis. She gave us 4 shots of Belvedere and one shot of vermouth. If you would order a Belvedere on the rocks, you literally get one shot with a little over pour.

Regular Cheers user here.... If you order a shot, you may order just one. If you order a drink, you get the regular drink as would be served to anyone ordering it, but you can't (officially) get a double. A martini is a drink, not a shot. Go to the Alchemy Bar for your martinis. You won't be disappointed. Make friends with the mixologists. You'll be treated well.

So true. We made friends with Richard and Miro on the Glory and I didn't have the same drink more than once all week. They asked what I liked and made drinks that I loved. Had a couple before dinner and more after. We had our own sats at the bar and one night someone got there before us and sat in "our seats". Richard and Miro laughed at us and called the others posers. They took care of us and we took care of them.

Cool. Martini bar is my plan. I just like vodka or gin martinis on the rocks or straight up with ice on the side. No vermouth. Hope they make em that way. Don't like any foo foo stuff in my drink. Usually 3 or 4 shots in my martinis at work. Hope it's the same on the ship.

We drink martini's from Alchemy as well as Long Islands (3+ shots per drink) and all are covered by Cheers.

Thanks. Long island is another good example. As long as they are not pre made. Made from scratch have at least 3 shots. Guess I'll just get Cheers.

I am confused why people are equating a shot with a drink, and why they think that counts differently with the drink packages. If you are ordering a martini you are ordering a martini - the cheers program is for a drink, not the number of shots in a drink. If you order a shot you are ordering a shot - again one drink. They cover all drinks on the package that aren't considered multiples - no pitchers for example.

I am confused why people are equating a shot with a drink, and why they think that counts differently with the drink packages. If you are ordering a martini you are ordering a martini - the cheers program is for a drink, not the number of shots in a drink. If you order a shot you are ordering a shot - again one drink. They cover all drinks on the package that aren't considered multiples - no pitchers for example.

Because I figured they would count 1 shot per drink. And try to get ya in some way or another. You can premake long islands, margaritas, martinis and put very little alcohol in them.

But you're prob right. They even said you can have a $50 drink. That drink would be a few shots I would guess. Lol

They do pre-make some drinks at the two poolside bars. Besides the Alchemy Bar, which IMO is the best venue in the fleet, those ships that have a Red Frog Pub, not bar, also have a pretty good drinking venue in which you can get a good well made drink. And there is no drink near 50.00, the highest reported on the boards is a 20.00 glass of champagne at the steakhouse. They do have Grey Goose XV as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Martinis. We all know a vodka martini up or on the rocks is 2 to 3 shots. Any other martini drinkers out there that used the Cheers program before? Did they only give u a 1 shot martini? I keep going back and forth if I should get cheers or not. I probably will but then again I can get a bottle of Smirnoff delivered to the room for $60. A few of those would be half the price of the whole Cheers program.

My friend only drinks Long Island Teas and those have about 6 - 7 (?) shots of alcohol and with the new policy, they use top shelf brands. Add a $1 tip (or more) on your receipt when you sign and the bartenders will be your best friends. It's amazing. You meet them once and the next day they remember your name and drink.

My friend only drinks Long Island Teas and those have about 6 - 7 (?) shots of alcohol and with the new policy, they use top shelf brands. Add a $1 tip (or more) on your receipt when you sign and the bartenders will be your best friends. It's amazing. You meet them once and the next day they remember your name and drink.

Thanks. For sure. I'm a bartender server for a living. Even when I go to Cancun every year. I always give the bartender $20 the first day. I always get amazing service with strong drinks!:)