Room Service ordering through TV

cfr70

I will be sailing on Liberty later this year and would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure if it's possible to order room service through the TV on this particular ship.

Being hearing impaired and solo it will be impossible for me to use the phone to do it and I love their room service! (Well, i'm sure I can if I just screamed into the phone what I wanted and hung up lol, but I don't think they'd appreciate that.)

I do know some ships have it and some don't so thanks for any clarification about the Liberty!!

From Carnival's site:

Our Interactive TV system, on the following ships, allows guests to purchase ‘On Demand’ movies and order room service; in addition, guests can review the status of their Sail & Sign Account: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

Thanks very much. This eases my room service worries!

If anyone has ordered this way before, is it just as good as calling? At home I order pizza all the time online for delivery and it's always seamless. Hope it's the same on Carnival.

That's great. If you use it hopefully you can come back afterwards and share how it was. My sailing is December and i'm new here (just signed up) so i'll be devouring posts daily for info for the next 8 months lol.

I sailed the Pride many moons ago (2003) and remember loving the layout of the ship. We had one of those cabins with the french door and lifeboats outside. Loved it!

I will be sailing on Liberty later this year and would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure if it's possible to order room service through the TV on this particular ship.

Being hearing impaired and solo it will be impossible for me to use the phone to do it and I love their room service! (Well, i'm sure I can if I just screamed into the phone what I wanted and hung up lol, but I don't think they'd appreciate that.)

I do know some ships have it and some don't so thanks for any clarification about the Liberty!!

I have a heart for the hearing impaired. But you can also use the hanging menu as well. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!:D

I have a heart for the hearing impaired. But you can also use the hanging menu as well. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!:D

Aw, thank you! :hearteyes:

I do remember the hanging menus from previous sailings, those are for breakfast right? (I'll be making use of that as well!)

I'm a late night muncher, so my main concern was a way of getting all those yummy snacks delivered to my cabin at 2 in the morning lol.

It's best to order something cold as toast is cold when you get it and not so yummy. Chips are hit or miss. Sometimes they are stale. Last week on Magic I got the dregs, all broken little pieces. There was about a teaspoon and a half of potato salad. I ordered on a sea day (dumb) and it took 50 minutes to get it. Don't forget to ask for salt, pepper or anything else you want.

It's best to order something cold as toast is cold when you get it and not so yummy. Chips are hit or miss. Sometimes they are stale. Last week on Magic I got the dregs, all broken little pieces. There was about a teaspoon and a half of potato salad. I ordered on a sea day (dumb) and it took 50 minutes to get it. Don't forget to ask for salt, pepper or anything else you want.

Thanks for the advice. I remember my last cruise in '14 really liking the grilled Reuben sandwiches. I see they now you can have hot wings, Quesadillas and fried shrimp delivered for a small surcharge. Going to definitely give those a try! Hopefully the surcharge keeps it hot!

Just out of curiosity, have you contacted the Special Needs department? I'm wondering if there aren't additional accommodations they can make for you. I mean, I realize that it looks like you can order room service via the TV, but what about if you need to call and ask for something else, perhaps from housekeeping? I would think that there is something they can do for you. Might be worth looking into. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just out of curiosity, have you contacted the Special Needs department? I'm wondering if there aren't additional accommodations they can make for you. I mean, I realize that it looks like you can order room service via the TV, but what about if you need to call and ask for something else, perhaps from housekeeping? I would think that there is something they can do for you. Might be worth looking into. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Actually, yes they do have TTY that connects to Guest Services that they can supply in the stateroom if requested. They offered it to me on my last cruise but I declined as i've never used them before and I was with a companion so it wasn't needed.

For housekeeping needs or stateroom problems, (on ships and in hotels) if alone, I simply make the trek to Guest Services and deal with them face to face.

Carnival is really excellent though about ADA needs. I did receive a door flasher for people at the door, but they knock so loudly anyway that it wasn't really needed and the TV is for the most part Closed Captioned.

It's been a long time since I ordered breakfast. I asked for 6 cups of coffee and got a carafe and 6 coffee cups and saucers! How do you order coffee if you want 6 cups?

Is there a way to specify that you want more than 1 carafe filled with coffee? I don't know how many cups their carafe holds, but if it's 2 cups each, then I guess you would just ask for 3 filled carafes. I'm surprised they still don't place mini coffee makers in each cabin like hotels do, but I guess it's considered a fire hazard.

I would LOVE a coffee maker in my room while sailing!

I am happy you asked, as I had no idea that was an option. Your question got me curious, so I was happy to see it will be on your ship (and the Pride for us in August).

I also had no idea it was an option. We rarely use room service, but it's nice to know I can order from the TV.

From Carnival's site:

Our Interactive TV system, on the following ships, allows guests to purchase ‘On Demand’ movies and order room service; in addition, guests can review the status of their Sail & Sign Account: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

It's interesting they would say this. I've been on several of those ships - some relatively recently - and I've never seen an option to order room service. Movies? Sure. Excursions? No problem. But not room service. I wonder what menu it would have been hiding under.

It's interesting they would say this. I've been on several of those ships - some relatively recently - and I've never seen an option to order room service. Movies? Sure. Excursions? No problem. But not room service. I wonder what menu it would have been hiding under.

I only found about it myself from reading a post about it online and then came here to verify. I think it's something Carnival should really be promoting more to make guests like myself more aware of the service. I think it's great and should be on all their ships.

I hope people who actually used the tv ordering finds this thread and shares their experience with it.

Thanks very much. This eases my room service worries!

If anyone has ordered this way before, is it just as good as calling? At home I order pizza all the time online for delivery and it's always seamless. Hope it's the same on Carnival.

My daughter orders this way all the time when on board. Works perfectly :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

My daughter orders this way all the time when on board. Works perfectly :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'm so glad to hear from someone who's actually tried it and that it works great. I can't wait to use it now and i'm definitely going to be using it each night of the cruise...it's a godsend for people like me who can't use the phone, and kudos to Carnival for implementing this. Thanks for sharing your experience with it. It really helps. These boards are so great and a wealth of info!!

I was on the Dream in January and did not see a room service ordering option on the TV. We checked our account balance several times, and looked at daily dinner menus, etc. But never saw room service, and I definitely would have preferred ordering that way rather than calling.

I was on the Dream in January and did not see a room service ordering option on the TV. We checked our account balance several times, and looked at daily dinner menus, etc. But never saw room service, and I definitely would have preferred ordering that way rather than calling.

I just e mailed my PVP and asked if she can supply a 100% definitive answer for me regarding the Liberty. I'll come back with the answer. It seems it's only available on certain ships, but would be great if it were on all.

Edited: She just replied asking for the link where it says it on the Carnival website lol. Apparently even she never even heard of it either!! Will update when she gets back to me.

Edited by cfr70
update