Pay gratuity on embarkation day

stochy33

I think your reservation closes 24 or 48 hours ahead of sailing. I'm not sure about paying when boarding. Km sure that if you want to pay in cash when you board, that will be fine; it will go on your account as a credit, and the DSC will "eat away" at it. But so well any other charges.

--Michael

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Is it possible to pay graduates when you check in to the ship?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure how many you would find on board at this point...it is still a bit early for school to be finished. I'd guess that you'd find a lot more of them on board after say mid-May and up through June or early July.

In any case, it is nice of you to want to pay them as I'd image that most graduates could use the extra money toward their student debts. ;p

Why would you want to pay gratuities in advance? Gratuities are supposed to be in recognition of service quality. Better service means higher gratuity. Conversely, if you receive poor service its your option to tip less (or not at all). The tip is a great motivator to encourage better service.

Why would you want to pay gratuities in advance? Gratuities are supposed to be in recognition of service quality. Better service means higher gratuity. Conversely, if you receive poor service its your option to tip less (or not at all). The tip is a great motivator to encourage better service.

You are charged a daily service charge of $13.50 per person ($189 for 2 people on a 7-day cruise) as a gratuity to all who serve you on the ship. It is automatically added to your onboard account daily. The OP asks if they can pay the total required service charge at check-in. At that point, they would likely tell the OP to let it charge to the onboard account daily.