Cuba not on Ports of Call

holdon216

NCL has canceled a 8 hour Cuba tour my husband and I had booked for this June. I cannot find much info on what to do there. It is an overnight on The Sky. Day two we plan to do our own walking tour. But day one we now have no plans. :confused: We would like to see some of the outer areas of Cuba. Any ideas on where to go or where we can get such info? Thanks

flapensgrl, it was the Flora and Fauna of Soroa tour. I was excited to go to the orchid gardens, but nope!!!

The other NCL Cuba excursions do not appeal to us. I will have to check out the sub forum mentioned above. I have contacted one outside tour company by e mail but have not heard back from them yet.

flapensgrl, it was the Flora and Fauna of Soroa tour. I was excited to go to the orchid gardens, but nope!!!

The other NCL Cuba excursions do not appeal to us. I will have to check out the sub forum mentioned above. I have contacted one outside tour company by e mail but have not heard back from them yet.

Oh wow! I was asking because we were scheduled to be on the June 5th cruise to Cuba and that was the tour we wanted to take! It looked great. I am sorry it got canceled.

My friends just got back from Cuba (not on a cruise) and said it takes forever to get anywhere. The cars really don't go that fast and the roads are terrible. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it... since the tour is pretty far out of town?

flanesgrl, that is the cruise we are on!!! There is a tour that is even further so I don't think the distance was the problem. NCL's email said it was canceled due to a drought in western Cuba!? I'm still searching. I just cant see spending money to walk around town and listen to a guide. Just not our kind of thing. The outside companies I have looked at have yet to interest me either. Either to long of a ride, or to much money, or they are Havana tours that we could walk to from our ship.

flanesgrl, that is the cruise we are on!!! There is a tour that is even further so I don't think the distance was the problem. NCL's email said it was canceled due to a drought in western Cuba!? I'm still searching. I just cant see spending money to walk around town and listen to a guide. Just not our kind of thing. The outside companies I have looked at have yet to interest me either. Either to long of a ride, or to much money, or they are Havana tours that we could walk to from our ship.

I am sorry the tour was canceled and you won't be able to go. The only other tour that was offered for the full day in port that we liked was the longer one that went to the Vinales Valley... which is still being offered and is even farther west than the other tour!?

Unfortunately a family medical emergency came up and we had to move the cruise to another date in July. Sadly just a 3 nighter and not Cuba. Oh well - enjoy the cruise! Maybe they will come up with another tour to replace the one they took away.