Sapphire Princes

lois1112

I'm just off the Sapphire Princess (yesterday) rather than write another review, I'm willing to try and answer any questions anyone should have.

Overall it was a good experience. I was in a BF balcony room (B115) and I liked the room. the ship is very big, confusing at first, but not hard to get oriented to. I thoght the food was good, others were disapointed. (I did traditional late dinning)

I arrived at port at 130 and was able to board quickly (maybe 15 to 30 minutes).

Getting off was longer. It was going through customs that took the longest. (my time to leave the ship was 0845 I didn't get to get off until 915 and then it took 30 minutes plus to go through immigration.

Lots of cozy spots for anyone like me who hates crowds.

Ask away!

We are leaving for our cruise next saturday (11/26) and are driving to LA any tips on parking/boarding would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

ronjon, feel free to join our roll call. I think we will have quite a fun group. Here is the link if you'd like to join. We have about 28 pages of postings.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=175949&page=28

My daughter and son-in law are on their honeymoon cruise right now on the Sapphire...they drove up to San Pedro Friday from San Diego and stayed at the Marina Hotel...she said it was fine for them, plus they could leave the car there all week. Free breakfast, free bottle of champagne, and shuttle to and from ship. It is already driving me crazy that I can't talk to her and find out what they are doing. So I just click on the Sapphire Patters and it helps a little bit....

Debbie

I stayed at the Marina last year and thought it was just fine. Not a luxury hotel, but very comfortable and a great restaurant. The free shuttle to the pier was much appreciated. I'd stay there again in a minute. Got a very good price from Priceline.

Lois, we're neighbors.

ronjon, just follow the signs when you get to San Pedro for the World Cruise Center. There will be a gate to enter. A sign will tell you which number to look for (probably 92 or 93). If there's more than one of you, you can drive up to the baggage unloading zone. Unload your stuff and leave someone to watch. Drive to the parking lot and take the shuttle back. A porter will take your stuff and then you enter the building. I think it's now about $11/day to park (you can check the port's website).

Guess we are all neighbors, Patti and Lois. Lois, was Charlie Sleeth the piano player? We saw him on the Coral and he said he was moving to the Sapphire. I don't know if he will still be there for our 12/31 cruise!

Hi Patti and Llund! Yes we are neihbors!

Patti- you will love you Hawaiian cruise. I did it in September and love the Island. The sea days are so nice! Have a great time.

Llund- Yes Charlie Sleeth was the piano player in the Crooners lounge. I never got a chance to really sit (seems like I was always doing something) But I did stop several times and listen and he was wonderful.

The internet cafe on the Sapphire is wonderful. I never found it crowded, maybe you can send your daughter an e-mail...she may check home..or maybe not as its her honeymoon.

My friend and I will be on the 11/26 cruise so we have a couple of questions...

How were the dance clubs? Did you find them to be crowded? empty? Were there a lot of people dancing late or was everyone in bed by 11pm?

What was your experience with children on board?

Was traditional dining absolutely full? Or do you think people would be able to switch from anytime to traditional if they asked?

Were there any activities or events onboard that you thought were especially good? What activites would you recommend attending or avoiding?

Thanks for your help!!

-M

Traditional dinnig was completely book on our sailing (11/12) Most of the people on the ship with pc dinning had to make reservations or eat in the buffet.

No the ship was "jumping" until well into the night. On wednesday night there was a country "hoe down" at 915pm. i went to bed about 1am and itwas still hopping. There were two youngl adies at my table and they danced every night until about 3am! I think you will have a great time.

there were about 150 children on board. i thought they were well behaved and didn't see anyproblems. The parents I talked to all said the kids loved the kids zone area.

I didn't do anything I would have anyone avoid.

Parking at San Pedro is $12.00 per day. So for your 7 day cruise the cost is $84.00. Embarkation is very easy and quick. From the time we walked in the entrance and up the escalator to the time we got to our room (E-514) was only 20 min max. Immigration is the big holdup when getting off the ship after the cruise. I think they had 8 officers processing everyone, but by the time they look at your passport photo and you, it takes time. We got off at 8:40 am this past Saturday and were on the road at 9:02.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived