Embarking in the Islands!? Music and Dancing?

caddykid12

I enjoy it too but can't help but wonder how fun it is for the crew, to be forced to be outside dancing while their tasks inside accumulate! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My MDR server also volunteer to Dance outside.

She said she loved it and she got out of a shift.:o

My MDR server also volunteer to Dance outside.

She said she loved it and she got out of a shift.:o

That's what I would have guessed. They all seem to be having a great time......I doubt you could 'force' them to have that much fun. It's fun to watch and no one is forcing you to join in:cool:

We really appreciate the cold face cloths and drinks upon out return to the ship. They feel so good when the weather is steamy. That was missing on our RCL. cruise, and I made a suggestion for them to provide this to their guests. I don't know if RCL listened to me, because we came back to NCL.

I've never seen the red carpet and dancing on any of our cruises. Like someone else said, we usually return early. They must only set it up for a short period. I've read about it here and seen videos, just never in person. I don't think I'd care one way or the other.

I've never seen the red carpet and dancing on any of our cruises. Like someone else said, we usually return early. They must only set it up for a short period. I've read about it here and seen videos, just never in person. I don't think I'd care one way or the other.

If you would have gone ashore with us in Nassau, you would have had the pleasure of seeing me do the Cupid Shuffle on the red carpet. Sadly, there's video of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL

Not quite the same however as being docked at a port.

Various ports have music of all kinds - who complains about the marching Brass bands in Barbados, the dancing girls of Panama - and hey - the bagpipes in Greenock, Scotland?

Port day - plenty opportunity on the ship's decks for solitude and quiet

Don't be a PortPartyPooper! LOL !:loudcry:

I loved the "bagpipe" welcome in Newfoundland and the steel drums in Dominica. All that adds to the character and ambiance of being in a whole other place than "home" where all I hear his 24/7 news stations if hubby is off work. LOL

At every port, European and Caribbean, NCL staff have greeted us at every port as we returned to the ship with warm (Baltic) or cool clothes, water, punch and smiling faces. Sometimes the officers are ashore handing out the towels.

And on each cruise there is one special musical greeting. Last year on the Star in the Baltics it was pretty low key, just the cruise director's staff basically.

The best was when we were in Cozumel moored next to another NCL ship and the two cruise staffs had a dance off. That time there were chefs, waiters, stewards, and even engine room staff strutting there stuff.

It can get loud if your balcony is right above but it is also fun to watch.

At every port, European and Caribbean, NCL staff have greeted us at every port as we returned to the ship with warm (Baltic) or cool clothes, water, punch and smiling faces. Sometimes the officers are ashore handing out the towels.

And on each cruise there is one special musical greeting. Last year on the Star in the Baltics it was pretty low key, just the cruise director's staff basically.

The best was when we were in Cozumel moored next to another NCL ship and the two cruise staffs had a dance off. That time there were chefs, waiters, stewards, and even engine room staff strutting there stuff.

It can get loud if your balcony is right above but it is also fun to watch.

I for one would love that....even if I was on my balcony. Sounds like fun to me. Kudos to NCL for going the extra mile to entertain their guest.