What does the Cabin Class mean

Greetings,

Does anyone have a quick list of the the cabin codes mean? I'm looking to book a trip to cuba, but the cabin class descriptions remain the same for the cabins. IE category I, H, G, F1, F2, F3 are all ocean view, but the description is the same.

Another quick on for you, I've been lurking for a few weeks now, but what does DH,DW mean?

Thanks for your time

DW DH - Dear Husband and Dear Wife. As far as the rest goes I have no idea. I just pick a room. I was wondering the same thing but it is really confusing to me. I have read some posts about it but none really made sense to me.

Cabin categories refer to the internal pricing scheme of the cruise company. Cabins of the same category have the same price.

Many factors can influence the price of a cabin (thus the category). Usually, cabins located in the center of the ship will be more expensive than those in the aft or bow sections. Also, higher decks price would be higher than lower decks. An obstructed balcony cabin would sell a bit cheaper than a normal ones etc.

So the cabin may have the same size and layout, but depending where they are located, they'll be priced differently. That's why they are in different categories.

A couple of things: Empress cabins can be a bit different from the rest of the fleet and RCI is recategorizing cabins fleetwide. Also, RCI's web site is notorious for not having accurate info when it comes to cabin descriptions.

Thanks for the info guys. According to my TA I should wait for my platinum status to take affect before booking. I'd rather book now, but we sail on LOS next Sunday, so will have to wait a few more weeks before RCI recognize the status change.

And the list goes on

DD Dear Daughter

DS Dear Son/Sister

DB Dear Brother

SO Significant Other

DM Dear Mother

DF Dear Father

MIL Mother in law

FIL Father in law

SIL Sister in law

BIL Brother in law

When were these codes first used?

I know longer than 13 years. I used to be a member of a military spouses group set up very similar to this and we used them then.