Tips for large party dining

jemdot

Anyone have dining reservation tips for a party of 19? We would ideally like to get tables close to each other, though I don't know how possible that is. Right now we are signed up for My Time Dining, and I tried to make reservations on the cruise planner, but it only lets you add up to 10 guests. Should I email them for reservations? Anyone have the contact info for the Jewel of the Seas dining coordinator? Thanks in advance.

FWIW, we did this once. 19 in the party and we did late dining. We mixed it up every night. All the guys at one table, gals at another, etc. It was a lot of fun We did set this up in advance and had two 10 top tables next to each other.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree that traditional seating is the way to go with a larger party...but, if you want to keep MTD, then once you board the ship, go to the dining room and speak with the Maitre'd...tell them how many and what time....easy!

We had a party of 45 on our last cruise. We all put in for the same MTD time and linked what we could. Day of embarkation one of our party spoke with a head waiter and got all of us grouped together at 4-5 tables. Tables ranged in size from 4 to 12. It worked out great for us.Some days part of our party would be gone to specialty dinning so it was easy to seat everyone with different size tables. We also mixed up seating on different nights. By the way we had the best headwaiter we have ever had on this cruise. I only hope he is still on the Serenade when we cruise on her again in 2018.

Seems like Traditional Dining might be the way to go, but our travel agent told us it's waitlisted now. If that doesn't work out then we will try to all make the same MTD reservations online and then speaking with the Maitre'd once onboard. Thanks so much for all the advice everyone!

Seems like Traditional Dining might be the way to go, but our travel agent told us it's waitlisted now. If that doesn't work out then we will try to all make the same MTD reservations online and then speaking with the Maitre'd once onboard. Thanks so much for all the advice everyone!

In the meantime, ask your travel agent to put your group on the wait list.

Large parties are totally doable using MTD, but it is advisable to make the arrangements at least the day before. If it is for the whole cruise then I would make arrangements before the first night as suggested above. We had a party of 20 and did this on a couple of nights of our cruise..other nights people did their own thing. We also tipped a little extra to the wait staff on the nights we had the very large party.:)

Edited by Rala
typo

I called Royal and they linked all of the reservations to my dining reservation times. So far as I have been told everyone in our group with the exception of 2 people have been approved for traditional 5:30 dining