RCI Credit Card

Ok, I know that I've seen this discussed recently, but I can't find the thread(s).

It is my first time redeeming RCI credit card points for OBC, and I have a couple of questions:

- Will I see these credits in the cruiseplanner, so I can use them to prepay things?

- If yes to the question above, how long will it take for the points to be processed into OBC that I can use?

Cruise isn't for 14 months, so not like this is a "rush question" ;)

Ok, I know that I've seen this discussed recently, but I can't find the thread(s).

It is my first time redeeming RCI credit card points for OBC, and I have a couple of questions:

- Will I see these credits in the cruiseplanner, so I can use them to prepay things?

- If yes to the question above, how long will it take for the points to be processed into OBC that I can use?

Cruise isn't for 14 months, so not like this is a "rush question" ;)

Mine showed up two weeks after I put in the request......

I wasn't able to use my OBC until I was on board for whatever reason. When I checked in and got seapass they handed me a little card saying I had $100 OBC. It's ON board credit meaning you can only use it when you are ON board I guess. I bought an Internet package and drink package prior to cruise but it was put on my credit card not taken from OBC. I could be wrong but I couldn't figure out how to apply it prior to cruise. Side note I think I bought my stuff before OBC showed in cruise planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Visa points OBC appear in the Cruise Planner.

Redemptions are processed in order of cruise date, so if your cruise is far in advance, it might be a while.

WHere does it show up and is it different if you have a TA. I applied mine about 2 months ago and my sailing is in 3 weeks. I am not seeing it. But I do have a TA. I did not apply it with my TA though, I went onto my credit card account and applied the points myself.

WHere does it show up and is it different if you have a TA. I applied mine about 2 months ago and my sailing is in 3 weeks. I am not seeing it. But I do have a TA. I did not apply it with my TA though, I went onto my credit card account and applied the points myself.

I book through a TA, but they have nothing to do w/ my BOA OBC. You'll see it when you sign into your cruise planner. It will pop right up. Two months is a long time to wait on BOA OBC, especially since you cruise the same time as me, three weeks. Do you have the confirmation email from BOA?

If you have OBC that can be used for pre-cruise purchases, you should get a pop-up listing the OBC when you enter the Cruise Planner. Does not matter if you are booked with a TA.

If you have OBC that can be used for pre-cruise purchases, you should get a pop-up listing the OBC when you enter the Cruise Planner. Does not matter if you are booked with a TA.

It actually might. The only reason I say that is because we have two cabins booked for Oasis on 5/21, both of which were booked onboard, so they have the NextCruise OBC. The cabin that was transferred over to a TA does not have the OBC available on the cruise planner, but the one that Royal Caribbean still has ownership of does show it.

It actually might. The only reason I say that is because we have two cabins booked for Oasis on 5/21, both of which were booked onboard, so they have the NextCruise OBC. The cabin that was transferred over to a TA does not have the OBC available on the cruise planner, but the one that Royal Caribbean still has ownership of does show it.

Others have reported being able to use Next Cruise OBC when booked with a TA. Can't explain why yours does not show, except that it is Royal's website.

Glad I saw this....

question related to transferring those points to OBC. Suppose you transfer your points to OBC and then have to cancel your cruise, do you get any kind of refund or can it be transferred to another booking? I was going to transfer my points to pay for specialty dining reservations when it opened up, but if anything happens in the next five months, I wouldn't want to lose all that OBC (currently I have $175 to use)

Glad I saw this....

question related to transferring those points to OBC. Suppose you transfer your points to OBC and then have to cancel your cruise, do you get any kind of refund or can it be transferred to another booking? I was going to transfer my points to pay for specialty dining reservations when it opened up, but if anything happens in the next five months, I wouldn't want to lose all that OBC (currently I have $175 to use)

You would not get your points back (or any kind of refund for the points) if you cancel the cruise. However, you can transfer the redemption to another booking. Just make sure you transfer before you cancel the original cruise. This is one reason that I wait until around a month before the cruise to redeem points for OBC.

I book through a TA, but they have nothing to do w/ my BOA OBC. You'll see it when you sign into your cruise planner. It will pop right up. Two months is a long time to wait on BOA OBC, especially since you cruise the same time as me, three weeks. Do you have the confirmation email from BOA?

I called them and they did not even look up to see if the points were redeemed, just transferred me to Royal, who told me they don't apply it until 2 weeks before sailing and even then i might not see it unless I had my TA get me an invoice.

After you mentioned the email, I went back and looked and could not find it. I went online and low and behold, I have all of my points available for redemption. So either I did not go through with the redemption with the intention of going back and did not or something else happened. When I redeemed them this time, I noticed that there was an additional step when it really seemed like I was done to confirm. I almost closed out of it, thinking that was the confirmation. So that could have happened the first time. Anyway, I have redeemed it now, so we will see if it comes up.

I went through BoA website on April 16 and the credit appeared on the cruise planner on April 19. In my cruise planner, it shows up at the top of the screen between "ORDER HISTORY" and "CART". There is an icon of a credit card and the dollar amount of the credit.

• 2 weeks later...