Walking to Belize sign?

aprilcruisers

It is safe to walk there, but I think that it is much further than you think. I tried to bring up some coordinates to see how far it really is, but can't seem to map it out. Maybe someone else will come up with the actual mileage, but it is some distance. There is no straight route. You will need to walk along the water or go on Coney Drive. It is a couple of miles. Fun place to have your picture taken.

Janice

Yes the Belize sign is a bit too far to walk, only about 4 km (2 miles), but along busy thoroughfare--Northern Highway. The promenade along past the lighthouse doesn't go that far. Taxi will take 15 minutes. Tell the driver to head right on Buttonwood Bay at the roundabout. But while there, have a great lunch at Admiral's Bay restaurant on Seashore Drive just up from the sign. Then swing by the Traveller Liquors and tast the local One Barrel rum.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for reporting back. I just heard this yesterday that there was one by Baron Bliss Lighthouse and I thought that the people were mistaken. Wonderful advertising for Belize and perfect place to have your picture taken. So glad they put a second one in closer to the Tourist Village.