Is Orient Beach a nude beach? Just booked a tour with kids - help! Anyone been there?

fl-girl

flaunt

I think this is the word that can get you in trouble.

I doubt that your position is either "Puritanical" or one of opposition to clothing optional beaches. I cannot recall meeting a Navy man opposed to clothing optional beaches. Opposition to ridiculous male thongs? OK, that I understand.

I think this is the word that can get you in trouble.

I doubt that your position is either "Puritanical" or one of opposition to clothing optional beaches. I cannot recall meeting a Navy man opposed to clothing optional beaches. Opposition to ridiculous male thongs? OK, that I understand.

Right -- I have no problem with the existence of the options - just with fact that too many of those who do exercise option A really should consider option B.

15 year ago, took bus tour of the island & stopped at Orient beach for a 2+ hour lunch. There were beautiful, slim women with sarongs and perfect bare boobs walking around. Perfect eye candy for my hubby. THEN this wrinkled, leathery woman SLATHERED in thick white sunscreen(?). Carrying a towel .... COMPLETELY nude, walking in and around all the beach chairs YELLING at people "Don't look at me!" over and over. If that's the case, what are you doing here? Second, this man comes strutting up the beach. He was nude and was as wide as he was tall or short as was the case. And he was proudly swiveling his head to see and watch who was looking at him as he strutted along the beach with family jewels flapping along at such a fast clip. THAT was my eye candy. Just figures.

It is also possible that your tiresome Puritan cliche has nothing to do with it. I think the human body is a wonderful thing - and Michaelangelo's David is a beautiful celebration of man - as Boticelli's Birth of Venus is of woman. But an elderly man's bulging paunch and hanging scrotum are better concealed - as are the sagging mammaries and adipose-dimpled derrière of women similarly past their prime.

It is not a matter of fear of nature - rather one of esthetics.

You contradict and then confirm the statement in the same breath. Your reference to aesthetics is just as bad, maybe worst since it is said with a certain arrogance. Some people find bad spelling more unsightly.

We took Bernard's tour just over a week ago. We were taken to La Playa club where it was family friendly. I did see one topless girl walking along the beach, but that was it. No big deal.

Enjoy your excursion!

Thanks for the helpful tip! I really appreciate it.

I do love how no matter what someone posts, there will always be people who can start with snarky responses. I am personally not against nudity on a nude beach (in others that is), but as I said in my original post... it's a little different when you're with your two boys and grandparents. I just wanted to know what to expect. If my kids were raised elsewhere they wouldn't blink twice at topless or naked adults on a beach, but they've been raised in the states and it's not something they've ever seen before. I think as a parent, knowing what to expect and asking for real opinions from people who've been there is just responsible parenting.