Freedom questions

I have found I can book a "regular" balcony room on the hump of deck 8 on a 6 night Freedom of the Seas cruise for $1900. This goes to Costa Maya, Cayman, Cozumel. If I use the current RCL sale I can get $200 stateroom credit.

This sounds great, but I just can't stop wondering why a cruise on her sister ship (Independence OS) for one fewer night and one fewer port (no Cayman) costs about $100 more ? And only gets me $75 stateroom credit? It just makes me wonder if something is wrong with FOS that they offer more trip and more credit for less $$. It makes no logical sense if the ships are identical. Anyone been on FOS recently? I

I have found I can book a "regular" balcony room on the hump of deck 8 on a 6 night Freedom of the Seas cruise for $1900. This goes to Costa Maya' date=' Cayman, Cozumel. If I use the current RCL sale I can get $200 stateroom credit.

This sounds great, but I just can't stop wondering why a cruise on her sister ship (Independence OS) for one fewer night and one fewer port (no Cayman) costs about $100 more ? And only gets me $75 stateroom credit? It just makes me wonder if something is wrong with FOS that they offer more trip and more credit for less $$. It makes no logical sense if the ships are identical. Anyone been on FOS recently? I[/quote']

Was on FoS last July. Terrific ship. Stop by R Bar and tell my friends I said hello.

Just got back yesterday from being on the Freedom for 8 nights. By far, our favorite ship in the fleet. It was our 5th trip on her. We have another booked on her and will be booking a second eventually. I would book it in a heartbeat with no hesitations.

Nothing wrong with Freedom. Prices are subject to supply and demand.

It happens a lot - cruises you expect would cost less cost more due to time of year and vacation time etc. - demand for the cabins. 6 days is a little bit of an awkward amount of time for a cruise, whereas 5 days could be more easily spread out over a weekend meaning fewer days off from work.

whereas 5 days could be more easily spread out over a weekend meaning fewer days off from work.

Ding, ding, ding - there's your answer. Many times, a shorter cruise over the weekend is more expensive that a longer one during the week.