NCL Pearl Aft Question

Can you share the date of the cruise? I just want to mock book it to recreate the scenario. Thanks

10-Day Eastern (sometimes shown as Southern) Caribbean out of Tampa on 2/7/2019 - YES, 2019! Booking early for our 40th wedding anniversary! Have an AFT regular booked (B1), but my TA and I couldn't figure out why the Aft Mini Suite (M1) was cheaper. Only thing we could determine was the size of the balcony or the noise from the Garden Cafe?????:o

Just checked ... that is crazy. The mini is on deck 11 and under the food buffet, but I don't know if that would stop me from getting the mini over the AFB on a lower deck given the larger room size. I don't know if people can look down from the restaurant onto your balcony. Nonetheless, that is a great rate for a 10 day cruise ... in my opinion

Just checked ... that is crazy. The mini is on deck 11 and under the food buffet, but I don't know if that would stop me from getting the mini over the AFB on a lower deck given the larger room size. I don't know if people can look down from the restaurant onto your balcony. Nonetheless, that is a great rate for a 10 day cruise ... in my opinion

That's why we were curious. If the balcony was possibly smaller. It's really hard to find some of this out!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here are a couple videos found on youtube for you.

Aft facing mini suite 11156 on sister ship NCL Jewel. Couch is larger, there is curtain you can pull between bed and couch, bathroom has tub/shower combination instead of just shower. Stateroom is nice, balcony is decent size. No suite perks for mini suites. Mini Suites 11650 and 11654 are handicap/disabled staterooms.

This is deck 10 aft facing balcony 10668 on the Pearl. Prime real estate - - check out the wonderful balcony. It's twin 10168 is available. ONLY the deck 10 aft facing balconies are this size. The others are regular size balconies. If one of the two aft facing balconies on deck 10 were available I would take one even though the aft facing minis are currently priced lower.

(copy and paste into browser, can't make it clickable :()

Friendly warning .... DO NOT book deck 8 aft facing balcony staterooms 8134 or 8634 on the Pearl unless you party all night or are deaf and are not bothered by bass vibration. They are located directly above Bliss lounge.

Jewel class ships - 10th floor aft balconies are the largest. We've stayed 10th floor aft, and did get some items floating down from the Great Outdoors - nothing major (straw wrapper, empty sugar package) wasn't an issue, but makes me wonder if 11th floor is not very private from above. Great rooms either way. Afts get the wonderful smells of baking bread.

Safe sailing

Jewel class ships - 10th floor aft balconies are the largest. We've stayed 10th floor aft, and did get some items floating down from the Great Outdoors - nothing major (straw wrapper, empty sugar package) wasn't an issue, but makes me wonder if 11th floor is not very private from above. Great rooms either way. Afts get the wonderful smells of baking bread.

Safe sailing

The 11th floor mini suites/balconies are tucked under the Great Outdoors. Decks 10, 9 and 8 are slightly graduated outwards from top to bottom. You might get some noise from above but they couldn't see into your balcony from above if you're on deck 11.

Aft facing mini suite 11156 on sister ship NCL Jewel. Couch is larger, there is curtain you can pull between bed and couch, bathroom has tub/shower combination instead of just shower. Stateroom is nice, balcony is decent size. No suite perks for mini suites. Mini Suites 11650 and 11654 are handicap/disabled staterooms.

This is deck 10 aft facing balcony 10668 on the Pearl. Prime real estate - - check out the wonderful balcony. It's twin 10168 is available. ONLY the deck 10 aft facing balconies are this size. The others are regular size balconies. If one of the two aft facing balconies on deck 10 were available I would take one even though the aft facing minis are currently priced lower.

Friendly warning .... DO NOT book deck 8 aft facing balcony staterooms 8134 or 8634 on the Pearl unless you party all night or are deaf and are not bothered by bass vibration. They are located directly above Bliss lounge.

Thank you for this! I was hoping it was because of the larger balcony! 10668 is not available, because it's OURS! We had booked that and then saw the Mini Suite was less priced and was just curious. I could care less about a larger couch or bathtub so this is perfect! Kind of humorous though, the extra size balcony is that much more! But then, supply and demand comes to play.

Thank you for this! I was hoping it was because of the larger balcony! 10668 is not available, because it's OURS! We had booked that and then saw the Mini Suite was less priced and was just curious. I could care less about a larger couch or bathtub so this is perfect! Kind of humorous though, the extra size balcony is that much more! But then, supply and demand comes to play.

I think you made the right decision! Not just the larger balcony, but who wants to be under the Great Outdoors?

Enjoy your cruise!

We will be in 10668 on the Pearl in 33 days!

We will be in 10668 on the Pearl in 33 days!

That's awesome! PHOTOS PLEASE!!!! You can come back and let me know if it was a great cabin! :)

We are on the Pearl in November this year also, but not an Aft Balcony! The only available was on the 8th floor and I didn't want that one. I booked a Balcony Gty last cruise and was quite happy and doing that again this time. Or at least until it gets closer and I see how prices are doing.

Enjoy your cruise! Can't wait to hear about your room!

I'm confused and tried to find a post answering this prior to posting here and couldn't. Why is the price difference of the M1 (Aft Balcony Mini Suite) so much cheaper than the B1 Aft Balcony regular cabin?

We were in 10164 (Suite) and LOVED it! It is so quiet AFT on deck 10! Here is one of my blog posts-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/03/norwegian-pearl-suite-life-cabin.html

I have a Cheerful Cruiser FB page too and if you like it you can get my newest blog post updates! :)

https://www.facebook.com/The-Cheerful-Cruiser-1713812358872821/?fref=nf

I wish I had known about deck 8, I just booked both of those for our cruise next April. Is it bad enough, that you would recommend changing reservation?? My mom and I have always wanted to sail in an aft balcony and were so excited.

I wish I had known about deck 8, I just booked both of those for our cruise next April. Is it bad enough, that you would recommend changing reservation?? My mom and I have always wanted to sail in an aft balcony and were so excited.

I can only speak for myself but for me as much as I love aft facing balconies I would not book 8134 or 8634 again on the Pearl (or Gem) because they are directly above the night club on deck 7. On the Jewel and Jade they are above the gift shops so no problem with those two ships.

The problem for us was the volume and bass vibration coming from the music in the nightclub below. When the band stopped the dj started up and it went on for many hours. Our stateroom literally shook with vibration from the bass and we could hear every word of the songs. If it had been my husband and myself we may have been able to deal with it but I was sailing with my mother who has dementia. Every time a new song would start up we'd go through the same conversation because she couldn't remember what we'd just discussed. The first night was pure hell. At our Meet and Greet a CC member mentioned they had gotten an upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite when they boarded so I knew there was at least one empty stateroom on the ship. To make a long story short, with help from the hotel director we were extremely lucky and were given another balcony stateroom for sleeping purposes. This saved what turned out to be mom's last cruise... shorter vacations closer to home were better for her as her condition deteriorated.

What date is your sailing? Are there any other aft facing balconies available? If so you should be able to switch to another stateroom in the same category without any additional charge unless you are booked through a travel agency that has change fees. Maybe one of you could have a well located side balcony and one aft facing in a better location? Luckily your cruise is a ways out so you have time to research and see if you want to change.