Soda packages

bromleypod

Hi all,

My TA said he managed to get my 2 children a reduce rate for the soda packages, so £49 for both kids for the 7 days med cruise. Do you guys think this is worth purchasing as it is really just soda on this package that they can have and not much else?

Hi all,

My TA said he managed to get my 2 children a reduce rate for the soda packages, so £49 for both kids for the 7 days med cruise. Do you guys think this is worth purchasing as it is really just soda on this package that they can have and not much else?

No clue if it is worth it for you. What do YOU think? ;)

Do you guys think this is worth purchasing as it is really just soda on this package that they can have and not much else?
Not much else… not anything else, in fact. But one glass of soda costs $3.50 on board, so if you think you will be buying more than one soda per child per day during the cruise, you should purchase the package.

No clue if it is worth it for you. What do YOU think? ;)

Not cruise before so no idea how easy it is for them to get complimentary drinks etc when they are out and about and whilst dining in specialty restaurants will there be complimentary drinks available there? I have the UBP.

There are complimentary drinks available at mealtimes (dining rooms and buffet), and if you bring your own travel cups you can fill up at the buffet and have drinks on hand for other times. It's only iced tea, milk, and fruit-flavored drinks (and filter coffee). Soda is never free, and you can't get anything for free elsewhere around the ship (at the bars) except for tap water.

Your UBP is only for you. You might get away with sneaking an occasional drink for someone else, but not free sodas for both children for the duration of your cruise.

The good thing about having the soda package is being able to get drinks all over the ship. You'll have free tap water, lemonade, ice tea, hot tea, and coffee served with meals. They will also serve soda at cost per glass (no free refills).

Outside of meals, you can get free tap water at any bar lounge but that is about it. They do have self serve drink stations at the buffet, usually with lemonade, ice tea, water, and flavored waters. What we like to do is bring a large refillable cup and fill at the buffet to carry around the ship with us. They only provide small cups at the buffet and there's nowhere else to get the 'free drinks' outside of meals.

So soda package gives the convenience of being able to get sodas free at all bars, lounges, and meals. But whether or not it's worth it comes down to how much soda the kids will drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums