Robes?

HighCPU

In another thread I saw that one guest asks their steward for robes when they first arrive. I assumed the robes were only available in suites and for purchase at the fun shops. Can anyone confirm that robes are available to all guest upon request for no extra charge? we have 4 people booked in one cabin so it would be nice if we could all have robes while getting ready. Already thinking I may shower in the locker rooms if it gets a lil crowded. Thanks in advance.

In another thread I saw that one guest asks their steward for robes when they first arrive. I assumed the robes were only available in suites and for purchase at the fun shops. Can anyone confirm that robes are available to all guest upon request for no extra charge? we have 4 people booked in one cabin so it would be nice if we could all have robes while getting ready. Already thinking I may shower in the locker rooms if it gets a lil crowded. Thanks in advance.

We have had robes hanging in the closet of every Carnival ship we have cruised on so far- Destiny (now Sunshine)- balcony cabin, Liberty - balcony cabin and Vista- interior with a window. I would think if they are not in the cabin when you arrive, asking your room stewart to bring them to you should work. Happy Sailing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

We have had robes hanging in the closet of every Carnival ship we have cruised on so far- Destiny (now Sunshine)- balcony cabin, Liberty - balcony cabin and Vista- interior with a window. I would think if they are not in the cabin when you arrive, asking your room stewart to bring them to you should work. Happy Sailing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks! We didn't have any in our cabin for our 2015 cruise on the Inspiration. I will definitely ask if we do not see any. Appreciate the repsonse

I think it is a great idea to take them out of the room. Most people don't use them, but they have to wash them every week. By only giving them to people who WANT them, they save on water and time. Thats a win-win to me.

On the Magic last month our room steward asked us the first day..... do you want robes? Do you want morning service, afternoon service, or both? Do you need anything else for your room, extra hangers, ice, etc?

robin

• Like 1

We have had robes hanging in the closet of every Carnival ship we have cruised on so far...

Agree, we have had them since the beginning of our cruise days (15 yrs), our most recent cruise was this past December, balcony and there were 2 robes hanging on the hooks on the cabin wall. I believe you just need to ask if they are not in cabin for some reason.

We had cloud 9 spa robes in our spa cabin last month on the Breeze. On the Valor we had to request them for our cabin. They used to just have them in all cabins, but they probably got tired of laundering every single robe whether it had been used or not. When you meet your steward on the first day, just ask for robes.

We did not have robes on the Splendor in Feb, but room steward gave us a card to fill out. Robes was one thing on the card to be requested. I agree, most people don't wear them & that is too much unnecessary laundering. They are now available to anyone upon request. Some ships have not yet adopted this new policy & robes are still in the cabin. The robes are made of too heavy of a material for the Caribbean-IMO, plus 1 size does not fit all.

They used to have them in all the cabins except inside cabins. Our last couple of cruises, they haven't been in the cabin but the room steward brought them when I asked. I ask for just one because my husband doesn't wear them, but they usually bring two anyway.

They used to have them in all the cabins except inside cabins. Our last couple of cruises, they haven't been in the cabin but the room steward brought them when I asked. I ask for just one because my husband doesn't wear them, but they usually bring two anyway.

Before they changed to no robes unless asked I always had robes in inside cabins.

Even inside cabins on Carnival have them and they were always there automatically. 4 out of my last 10 cruises have been in insides.

I did hear, somewhat recently, that you now need to ask for them.

Used to have them in the cabins.

I will ask for one in June, but DH and DD don't use them.

I actually bought one about 5 years ago. Those robes are COMFY!!!!!!:')

LOL thanks everyone for the responses. Didn't know I could ask for one or else I definitely would have last cruise! This is only our 2nd time around so will be sure to request 4 for this trip. I foolishly thought it was a suite perk and must have misread something while preparing for our first cruise. This time I am a little less new to the game and a little more prepared. THANKS EVERYONE!

Even inside cabins on Carnival have them and they were always there automatically. 4 out of my last 10 cruises have been in insides.

I was talking about some time ago (like 2009) when the inside cabins did not have robes. I don't know when they changed it or when they stopped having them in the cabins altogether.

I think it's good they don't automatically supply them because it is kind of a waste of laundry when a lot of people don't use them. But I wish they would let people know they are available on request. New cruisers have no idea they can ask.

I was talking about some time ago (like 2009) when the inside cabins did not have robes. I don't know when they changed it or when they stopped having them in the cabins altogether.

I think it's good they don't automatically supply them because it is kind of a waste of laundry when a lot of people don't use them. But I wish they would let people know they are available on request. New cruisers have no idea they can ask.

I wasn't aware that Carnival was ever like that. I know other cruise lines are.

I think it's more of an individual steward thing and not necessarily a Carnival thing as all of my Carnival cruises including last month had robes in the cabin.

I have heard on ships that are trying out the "menu" style way of service, they don't have them in the cabins but they have the guest check the boxes of their wants and robes are one of the options. If someone isn't getting a robe on a ship that doesn't have the menu, then I feel like it's just the way that individual steward is doing things. But this is only my opinion.

Our last cruise was on the Conquest in Feb of this year. I told our steward that we didn't have robes in our cabin. He said the policy is just like hotels. If you now want something, you have to ask for it. I was surprised that there was toilet paper without asking for it.

Oddly enough, we ran out of facial tissues the first day. He said they didn't have any more. Four days later he finally got some.

I was surprised that there was toilet paper without asking for it.

LOL.

That's what bothers me. Why would you ask for something if you don't even realize it's an option? If they use those menus where you can check that you want a robe, that's fine. But our last Carnival cruise, we didn't even get a menu in our cabin. Fortunately, I knew I could ask for a robe but I'm sure a lot of people don't know.