Royal Princess embarkation and disembarkation times

Baby_Bear

Hi, we are booked on Royal Princess this summer, RT Athens. First Princess Cruise and first cruise out of Athens and had a few questions:

1) Embarkation day - I understand that on Princess, they let you board and go straight to your cabin, is that right? Therefore, approximately what time would boarding begin? We are staying pre cruise in Athens so will be cabbing it to the port. Around what time should we plan to arrive? We would love to leave our carry on in the cabin and go have lunch on the ship if possible.

Also - I'm traveling with my mom who walks slowly with a cane. Does Princess have a line for passengers who need a little extra time to board?

Also, are we permitted to bring 5-6 big bottles of water on board? Or do we need to buy onboard?

2) Disembarkation day - we are flying on to Asia and our plane doesn't leave till 3:30 pm. Can anyone advise what is the latest time we (a) have to be out of our cabins and (b) off the ship?

Thanks so much. Looking forward to our first Princess cruise!:D

Hi, we are booked on Royal Princess this summer, RT Athens. First Princess Cruise and first cruise out of Athens and had a few questions:

1) Embarkation day - I understand that on Princess, they let you board and go straight to your cabin, is that right? Therefore, approximately what time would boarding begin? We are staying pre cruise in Athens so will be cabbing it to the port. Around what time should we plan to arrive? We would love to leave our carry on in the cabin and go have lunch on the ship if possible.

Check-in starts around 10:30, boarding starts around Noon. You can drop your things off in your cabin.

Also - I'm traveling with my mom who walks slowly with a cane. Does Princess have a line for passengers who need a little extra time to board?

In the Athens terminal there will be reps that you can contact to arrange assistance or a wheelchair.

Also, are we permitted to bring 5-6 big bottles of water on board? Or do we need to buy onboard?

You can bring on as much water as you want. You can pre purchase water bottles in a 12 pack that will be in your cabin upon arrival @ $6.80 each.

2) Disembarkation day - we are flying on to Asia and our plane doesn't leave till 3:30 pm. Can anyone advise what is the latest time we (a) have to be out of our cabins and (b) off the ship?

Out of the cabin by 8:00 off the ship by 9:30 or so.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to our first Princess cruise!:D

See above.........

Wow, thanks for the quick reply, Keith! Your reward is a couple more questions :-)

In the interest of not sitting around waiting to board, would you suggest we plan to arrive at around 11:30? I was thinking we would complete the check in procedures by noon and so board straight away. We have our hotel room till noon.

Is the Athens cruise terminal huge, like airports? My mom is very independent and likes to try to manage on her own, but if it's huge distances, that's different. If it's not too much, we just go slowly.

Seriously, thanks for the help!

Wow, thanks for the quick reply, Keith! Your reward is a couple more questions :-)

In the interest of not sitting around waiting to board, would you suggest we plan to arrive at around 11:30? I was thinking we would complete the check in procedures by noon and so board straight away. We have our hotel room till noon.

I would probably arrive by 11:00. There will be preferred boarding (platinum/elite/suites) will board first and usually handicap as well.

Remember many people are not already in Athens and are flying in and arriving throughout the day.

Is the Athens cruise terminal huge, like airports? My mom is very independent and likes to try to manage on her own, but if it's huge distances, that's different. If it's not too much, we just go slowly.

Athens is a big maritime port with many inter island ferries coming and going as well as cruise ships

Each pier there has its own building. Not as big as the airports though.

Seriously, thanks for the help!

Usually Cruise Terminal A.

piraeus-cruise-port-map-large.jpg

Rather than bringing bottled water, it was more convenient for us to purchase the bottled water package at $6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles. The price however is good only for online purchase.

Highly recommend this but as noted you must pre purchase so for your 21 days you might want a couple dozen. We did this trip last May and you will truly enjoy it. My only complaint was that the Greeks and Romans always seemed to build their temples and future ruins on the top of hills. So inconsiderate for us old folks. LOL