Titanic's Last Dinner

Iamthesea

i too for some reason am intriqued with the Titanic Story. I guess I just like cruising and looked back at how fortunate those people were to be able to cruise in those days.

Sad ending but would love to learn more as to why it happened. Yes they his an ice berg but were there other reasons such as faulty materials. I seen a show recently on the Titanic an in depth story as to why it happened.

Was intriqued..

Thanks - just read some replies to my post and thought I had offended people. :(

I don't think you offended anyone either. You simply expressed how you felt about these dinners. If they are not your cuppa tea, so be it.

BTW tea is not my cuppa tea. Hate the stuff. Makes me cringe. My DW loves the stuff. The point being, people are all different, with different likes and dislikes. My DW is not wrong to like tea, nor am I wrong to detest the stuff and prefer coffee. What would be wrong is if I imposed my likes and dislikes on others such as forcing my DW to drink coffee.

P.S. the above is only for illustrative purposes. No husband in his right mind would ever keep his DW from her beloved cuppa tea. Not only would it be morally wrong, it could seriously shorten our life spans. :eek:

OH NO...how did I miss that???...if and when I'm back there I will seek it out!!! LuAnn

Actually call the "Titanic Public House" https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Titanic+Public+House/@50.9000188,-1.4057543,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe565ad7566583359!8m2!3d50.9000188!4d-1.4057543

When I first walked past it, I though that is just another tourist place, using the Titanic as a attraction. I was thirsty and though what the heck, we saw the owner or manager out having a smoke and I said do the serve beer, as a joke, and he had a great reply, so we went in and had a long talk over a couple of beers with the staff.

I could easily go back to Southhampton we spent 4 days there but some were on the trains to Bath etc. and never got to do every thing including going over to Brighton and The Isle of Wright

I don't think you offended anyone either. You simply expressed how you felt about these dinners. If they are not your cuppa tea, so be it.

BTW tea is not my cuppa tea. Hate the stuff. Makes me cringe. My DW loves the stuff. The point being, people are all different, with different likes and dislikes. My DW is not wrong to like tea, nor am I wrong to detest the stuff and prefer coffee. What would be wrong is if I imposed my likes and dislikes on others such as forcing my DW to drink coffee.

P.S. the above is only for illustrative purposes. No husband in his right mind would ever keep his DW from her beloved cuppa tea. Not only would it be morally wrong, it could seriously shorten our life spans. :eek:

Thanks to all who posted to say I had not offended. Make me feel better :)

Now, what really worries me is the post above about tea !!! Now, how could you even suggest that it isn't wrong to dislike the stuff. Am shocked ;)

Thanks to all who posted to say I had not offended. Make me feel better :)

Now, what really worries me is the post above about tea !!! Now, how could you even suggest that it isn't wrong to dislike the stuff. Am shocked ;)

My DW's family is from Hull and Richmond so I'm persona non grata with them when we visit from Canada even though I pretty diplomatic about my dislike for the stuff.:)

But when they visit this side of the pond I do try to sway them to the dark side by buying them Tim Horton's Dark Roast coffee. Yummy!!:D.

Actually call the "Titanic Public House" https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Titanic+Public+House/@50.9000188,-1.4057543,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe565ad7566583359!8m2!3d50.9000188!4d-1.4057543

When I first walked past it, I though that is just another tourist place, using the Titanic as a attraction. I was thirsty and though what the heck, we saw the owner or manager out having a smoke and I said do the serve beer, as a joke, and he had a great reply, so we went in and had a long talk over a couple of beers with the staff.

I could easily go back to Southhampton we spent 4 days there but some were on the trains to Bath etc. and never got to do every thing including going over to Brighton and The Isle of Wright

Thanks for the info for all of us!!..While Southampton is currently not on our schedule...we too enjoyed the town...and of course it's ties to the Titanic...so many of the staff/workers on board were from that city it was devastated by the loss...many, many "wage earners" AKA husbands/fathers etc. were lost. Very sad really. There are quite a number of books about the cruise...and as mentioned Google. The more I learn the more I want to know!! LuAnn

My DW's family is from Hull and Richmond so I'm persona non grata with them when we visit from Canada even though I pretty diplomatic about my dislike for the stuff.:)

But when they visit this side of the pond I do try to sway them to the dark side by buying them Tim Horton's Dark Roast coffee. Yummy!!:D.

Hubby's uncle moved to Canada and lived there for about 40 / 50 yrs, but glad that he / they never tempted us with the dreaded coffee ;) Try Yorkshire Tea ... the real stuff !!!

Hubby's uncle moved to Canada and lived there for about 40 / 50 yrs, but glad that he / they never tempted us with the dreaded coffee ;) Try Yorkshire Tea ... the real stuff !!!

Mrs. Dawg tried and tried to convert me prior to becoming Mrs. Dawg. When she realised it was a losing battle she agreed to sit down for peace talks. She agreed to stop her tea harassment and I agreed to BBQ her steaks until they were well done. Oh, the humanity!!! :eek::eek: