Ultimate Dining Package!

dorts

Is anyone seeing the Ultimate dining plan along with the 3,4 or 5 night dining packages on their cruise?

I'm doing Oasis on June 11. My cruise planner shows 3 night, 4 night and 5 night, along with the ultimate dining.

I'm doing Oasis on June 11. My cruise planner shows 3 night, 4 night and 5 night, along with the ultimate dining.

Our Oasis cruise is in Oct. The 5-night is $130 and the ultimate is $168 so $38 for 2 dinners and 3 lunches. We were already likely to do the 5-night so we are considering it. Only the ultimate showing in our planner this far out so good to know the 5-night will still be available. Is Chops the only specialty restaurant open for lunch on sea days on Oasis? Would love to do sushi lunch instead.

Just cancelled our FNDR for Oasis sailing in 2018 and booked the Ultimate dining package. Using our $100 OBC it works out at £13.42 pppd for 7 dinners, but if you take the 3 sea day lunches into consideration too, that comes down to £9.40 pppd. That's a deal for us as the only thing we don't like on Oasis class ships is the MDR, not the food, but the speed of service for MTD. They need to turn tables fast, so our experience wasn't good on Allure.

We'd do at least 3 specialities anyway, maybe 4 during a 7 night on Oasis and never bothered about lobster on a formal night.

It is showing available on our 12nt Baltic cruise for $288 per person. If the menus were more varied I would consider it but I think it would get old fast especially since it cannot be used at Izumi. We are on the Navigator of the Seas.

We currently have a five night specialty dining package at $105 per person, plus we purchased Sabor when it was on sale for $15 per person. We have the Chefs Table for $68 per person, again, purchased when it was on sale.

It is showing available on our 12nt Baltic cruise for $288 per person. If the menus were more varied I would consider it but I think it would get old fast especially since it cannot be used at Izumi. We are on the Navigator of the Seas.

We currently have a five night specialty dining package at $105 per person, plus we purchased Sabor when it was on sale for $15 per person. We have the Chefs Table for $68 per person, again, purchased when it was on sale.

The package can be used at Izumi, where you would get a $50 credit. It cannot be used for the Hibachi option at Izumi, which is not offered on Navigator anyhow.

Question on the package - can you only book the first night dinner reservation? Is there any way to book the other nights to ensure you get the time you'd prefer? Package looks like good value for our allure cruise, but I don't want to be eating too late/ early because we're waiting til we board to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When my husband and I sail in December on a 12nighter this may be a good deal as we have several days at sea (6 all together) and we frequent Izumi and never manage to stay under the $30 credit each so we usually have a bill at the end. So with $50 credit each we wouldn't have any extra costs (and could sample more of the menu range, as we usually just stick to the sushi!).

Our 11 night Baltic cruise will offer this but definitely not worth it as not enough sea days.

I'm surprised about Chef's Table -- I think they could allow you to go for ONE night only and still turn a profit. We've never been to Chef's Table as we're not wine drinkers and it seems a bit pointless if you aren't pairing the wines (for $85/head, I mean!). But if it were included then we could go for the food. Oh well!

Hi, if you don't mind me asking how much is the refreshment package in US$ on your cruise ? THanks :-)

I'm just happy the Refreshment package is on sale again. I had bought it on a the discount late last year, but then we changed cruise dates and the package was canceled. I've been holding out for a sale to repurchase it.

On our 9 night cruise on Grandeur, there are multi-night dining packages. Seriously looking at the 5 night package, which comes to $21/reservation. You get a $30 credit at Izumi. The package is only a losing proposition if you use it at Giovanni's for all 5.

Question on the package - can you only book the first night dinner reservation? Is there any way to book the other nights to ensure you get the time you'd prefer? Package looks like good value for our allure cruise, but I don't want to be eating too late/ early because we're waiting til we board to book.

If you must have pre-cruise reservations for specific times, then it's better to skip purchasing a dining package and book each restaurant individually. Part of the reason they give a break on the price is to fill those time slots that are not filled pre-cruise.

If you must have pre-cruise reservations for specific times, then it's better to skip purchasing a dining package and book each restaurant individually. Part of the reason they give a break on the price is to fill those time slots that are not filled pre-cruise.

Thanks. I suppose that makes commercial sense! Boooooo ☹️

is there a point at which they stop selling special packages? i'm assuming there's some historical data to say that X open slots are around on day 1 and day 2 otherwise why do this?

conversely i guess i wonder if NCLs specialty dining is better. you can buy their pack and you make all the times and dates you want for everything. slots fill up quick and you have to reserve early to get what you want. never any need for discounts before sailing.

is there a point at which they stop selling special packages? i'm assuming there's some historical data to say that X open slots are around on day 1 and day 2 otherwise why do this?

conversely i guess i wonder if NCLs specialty dining is better. you can buy their pack and you make all the times and dates you want for everything. slots fill up quick and you have to reserve early to get what you want. never any need for discounts before sailing.

So, we're previous NCL cruisers & are finding this part of RCI a little frustrating! We want to pay extra for speciality meals, but in doing so want to know we can eat WHEN we want to. DH phoned customer services today & we have managed to get them to agree to an 8pm reservation each night BUT we don't know where!!!!! TBH, I don't think this is going to work - I already want to call back & check with another CSA. Has anyone else done this before - booked a dining package & meal time? I'm feeling dubious!

So, we're previous NCL cruisers & are finding this part of RCI a little frustrating! We want to pay extra for speciality meals, but in doing so want to know we can eat WHEN we want to. DH phoned customer services today & we have managed to get them to agree to an 8pm reservation each night BUT we don't know where!!!!! TBH, I don't think this is going to work - I already want to call back & check with another CSA. Has anyone else done this before - booked a dining package & meal time? I'm feeling dubious!

I've never heard of that being done and I don't know how they would do it. Are they going to make a reservation for you at every restaurant now so that when you board and pick you will have your choice.

Personally I think the CSR was telling you what you wanted to hear to keep the sale and get you off the phone.

I've never heard of that being done and I don't know how they would do it. Are they going to make a reservation for you at every restaurant now so that when you board and pick you will have your choice.

Personally I think the CSR was telling you what you wanted to hear to keep the sale and get you off the phone.

I have no idea how they are going to do it, hence why I want to call back. Maybe they will do like FNDR & make the bookings at selected restaurants & we could change onboard?

It sounds exactly like they wanted the sale & have fobbed DH off. I tried to email them, but it bounced back. [emoji57]

We booked the package; I'm hoping that they take our entertainment reservations in mind when placing us in our dinner reservations. We are not picky about when we eat, but don't want to rush through a meal to see a show.

We booked the package; I'm hoping that they take our entertainment reservations in mind when placing us in our dinner reservations. We are not picky about when we eat, but don't want to rush through a meal to see a show.

When you book the package you need to select the time for the first reservation. If you had an entertainment reservation that conflicted with that it would tell you. They allow 2 hours for dinner.

All other reservations you make on board and you select the time.

When you book the package you need to select the time for the first reservation. If you had an entertainment reservation that conflicted with that it would tell you. They allow 2 hours for dinner.

All other reservations you make on board and you select the time.

Thanks! I did choose the first night, but Bob's comment made it sound like they will stick us in the empty slots...so was hoping that would not be the case. I like the idea of making the time choices myself.