Cuban Cruise Review - May 1st, 2017 - The very FIRST Norwegian sailing!!!

CTCruiser001

I know how exciting this is to many people. But those in law enforcement will not go toCuba as long as the harbor cop killers. Joanne Chesimard is a convicted cop killer of NJSP Trooper Werner Forester. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know how exciting this is to many people. But those in law enforcement will not go toCuba as long as the harbor cop killers. Joanne Chesimard is a convicted cop killer of NJSP Trooper Werner Forester. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess you could say that many people from other countries won't visit the US with our death row policies and that many folks carry permitted concealed guns.

It is what it is. Thank you for your service in protecting and serving us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

There were stores in the cruise terminal selling rum, shirts, and other cheap trinkets. There was one small booth selling over the counter pharmacy items. These stores all happily accepted USD$.

Outside the cruise terminal there wasn't much within close walking distance, but if you were willing to go 250-300 yards, down some side streets and such you will find some stores. Mpre further away. Don't be afraid of walking around, we felt very safe the entire time and went down some shady looking streets!

Thanks, that's great to know that these vendors/store will accept US $.

No curfew. We were out until 1 am the first night. You are welcome to come and go the entire time the ship is docked.

Cuban nightlife is quite lively!

Thanks so much. Glad you had a good trip and Thank you so much for you time and trouble answering all my questions.

Hello! question for you....ok my TA emailed the affidavit to me and there are 5 of us girls going so printed out 5. i am stumped on how to get them back to NCL. TA said to email them back....How? ( i know silly) take a pic of them then email that??? but i see you said you faxed them back? my mother in law has a fax machine. can you give me that #....sounds easier. and you got a confimation back? thanks in advance :)

Email to nclvisa@ncl.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not many places have AC. The old cars certainly don't. Some of the newer taxis did, but the drivers leave it low. Very few stores or destinations have it. Prepare to sweat.

OP's wife here...correcting my DH since he was taking all of the pictures...at one point Hector did ask if we wanted the AC on. I said no, since we had all 4 of our windows down and there was a nice breeze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

On returning to the car, we headed just bit away from thePaladar to a large statue of Christ which was overlooking the harbor. This iscalled the Christ of Havana – Here we were able to view much of the harbor andsee out cruise ship in her glory. If youdo anything, take the time to come up here and where you can see much of OldHavana, the entrance of the harbor and much of the port itself. Roly is wearing the Yankees Cap between us.

We met back at the car and Drove back to the city center –On the way, we passed the military academy of Havana which had several displaysof aircraft, weapons and parts of a downed U-2 spy plane shot down over Havana severaldecades ago. It was a fast trip involving a short drive underneath the harborin a fume and smog filled tunnel. I would not want to be stuck in traffic downhere as I can imagine someone being overcome with CO2 poisoning.

Upon emerging, we headed to the Capital Building and drovearound it for a bit. Roly asked us if we wanted to walk around for a bit but westaved off and said we were getting tired. We drove to nearby the Plaza deArmas, which was surrounded by the Museum of Natural History, Museum of FineArts, the Palace Museum and Castle de la Real Fuerza – The oldest still standingfort of the Americas. We walked through here briefly listening to Roly speakabout these buildings. We have plans to visit these sights tomorrow on awalking tour by ourselves. The three of us walked to the end of the plaza wherethere were more cars, and of course I took more pictures!

We then walked further to the Plaza de la Cathedral where oneof the oldest still functioning Catholic Cathedrals in the Americas stands. Weentered and were able to walk around the inside. One thing of note – If youhave shorts too short (male and female) they will ask you to where a wrap theyprovide while walking around to show some modesty.

Walking around in there was a nice reprieve from the heat ofthe sun, but it was by no means cool. The wraps did not look too comfortablefor those being asked to wear them.

Once outside, we walked a bit more up and down some sidestreets with Roly chatting about this and that regarding our surroundings. TheDW found a vendor selling magnets and happily purchased a CUBA magnet for 1CUC$. After some time, we returned to the car and Roly asked where we wanted togo next – It was here that we looked at each other and non-verbally spoke to oneanother that we were very tired, hot and sticky. We asked Roly and Hector to bringus back to the pier.

Once back, we settled up on the tour charges. The whole daytour of which we could ask to see what we wanted and of what Roly/Hectorsuggested only cost us 130 CUC$ total – A great bargain over the $$$ beingcharged by the cruise line, plus we were able to do our own thing and our ownpace, and not have to worry about 20-3 0other people sharing a tour bus with!In addition to the tour cost, we tipped a total of 50 CUC$ more for theirwonderful service and thanked them for the tremendous day.

Thanks, Mrs. CT Cruiser....that is what I was not hoping to hear. ha ha .....prepare to sweat.... gonna go buy some sports bras!

I took some travel pack towelettes with us to wipe down and feel a bit fresher through the day. I also had a few thicker napkins in my bag to wipe some excess sweat from my face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I can whole hearteningly suggest that if you are willing todo a bit of research and are willing to blaze your own trail, go with a privatetour vs. using the cruise line’s excursions. You will save money and get a muchmuch more personalized day tour.