Cuban Cruise Review - May 1st, 2017 - The very FIRST Norwegian sailing!!!

CTCruiser001

I'm sorry to ask this again if it has already been posted and answered. But where will be get our US $ exchange at for Cuba. On the ship, some where in the states before hand or when we get off the ship in Cuba. Just trying to wrap my head around all the currency exchange thing. :)

I'm sorry to ask this again if it has already been posted and answered. But where will be get our US $ exchange at for Cuba. On the ship, some where in the states before hand or when we get off the ship in Cuba. Just trying to wrap my head around all the currency exchange thing. :)

CUCs and CUPs and PUCs and PUPs....it's all so confusing. So do tell....how generous are they with the "pours" on this booze cruise????

It is almost 1 am and we are winding this night down. The show tonight was wonderful. I promise more detail on Havana: Day One, tomorrow.

Thanks for hanging on this review!a62f04142ed4e50d0dc7a8deb276f20a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hello! question for you....ok my TA emailed the affidavit to me and there are 5 of us girls going so printed out 5. i am stumped on how to get them back to NCL. TA said to email them back....How? ( i know silly) take a pic of them then email that??? but i see you said you faxed them back? my mother in law has a fax machine. can you give me that #....sounds easier. and you got a confimation back? thanks in advance :)

We took ours to the UPS store and they emailed them for us.

What time were you able to het off the ship yesterday and today. How long did it take to exchange $. Were you able to use dollars for your tour or show at National Hotel? How much was a taxi from pier to hotel? Thanks so much.

if you aren't drunk by muster, you're doing it wrong.

My very first cruise I was 19. I was definitely 3 sheets to the wind by muster. My friends wrestled me into my life jacket and the whole time I was wearing it inside out. Luckily, cruise went smooth, didn't need life jacket. :')

I printed out the blank affidavit from the NCL website. I completed the sections on the form. I scanned the form onto a usb drive. I emailed the completed form to NCL.
You don't need to do all of this anymore. As whtbearfan said above, you can complete and sign the affidavit directly on the NCL website and submit it with one click. :) But you should save the page and probably print out a copy for your records (and if they continue to ask for a hard copy at check-in, as in the OP's case).

Following.

Can you post pics of the wine lists. We're interested in seeing the quality of wines onboard. Not sure if we should just bring or own and pay the corkage fee.

What's the name of the Cruise Director? Is he/she on all the cruises to Cuba this year?

The included wine is nothing special (if you are a wine drinker). This thread has the wine list http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2301007&highlight=sky

And we are back from Day Two! Another wonderful day...I know I have lots to report. Going to get a quick cold shower and then will find a comfy spot somewhere to start typing up my report and enjoy sail away!!

Stay tuned...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

There is an app called doc scan. With it you can take picture and it changes them to PDF so you can email it. You can also fill it out right on Ncl.com and submit it through a secure document. But booking with a TA I am not sure if you can do the direct link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks i will look into it. :)

Ikcous,

It looks like NCL has streamlined the process a bit. At this link

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents

you will find the information regarding the visas. Click the link on that page for the affidavit. They have made it an online fillable form that you submit with an electronic signature. They say to print out the filled in version and keep for your records. If you want to sign and scan the hard copies you can email the scan to NCLVisa@ncl.com (case sensitive). I think CTCruiser may have posted a different email address. This is the one we sent to and got a response

Also don't forget to keep a journal while you are in Cuba. It is required and you have to keep it in your records for 5 years.

Happy sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

GREAT!!! THANK YOU!! Why didnt they do this to begin with for people like me!!! lol

oh... I have a question: did you see or hear about any AIR CONDITIOND bus or taxis? Hope they have air conditioning.

The tourist buses used by the tour company when we were there in January were new Chinese made deluxe coaches wiht air conditioning. (However it was not summer then)

You exchange money on the pier after you clear immigration/customs. As stated there is a penalty of about 10% (I have heard other percentages) on the US$. that is payback for the Bay of Pigs and other ugly things we did to Cuba years ago. the only currency tourists can use is the CUC (Kook) which is worth one dollar (before penalty). Buy enough to last you as the lines can be long. If you have surplus trade it back at the same place before you leave Cuba. It is worthless outside of Cuba. No credit or debit cards, cash only. The CUC comes in paper or coins and they do have smaller coins also.

As stated there is a penalty of about 10% (I have heard other percentages) on the US$. that is payback for the Bay of Pigs and other ugly things we did to Cuba years ago.
The tax on US dollars was only introduced in 2004, more than 40 years after the Bay of Pigs. It has nothing to do with ugly things the US did, and everything to do with Cuba wanting a 10% cut of all the money sent back home by Cuban expatriates in the US ($2-3 billion every year).

You don't need to do all of this anymore. As whtbearfan said above, you can complete and sign the affidavit directly on the NCL website and submit it with one click. :) But you should save the page and probably print out a copy for your records (and if they continue to ask for a hard copy at check-in, as in the OP's case).

I tried to do that on the website and I couldn't. Nothing would type in the boxes or at the bottom of the form. So I did it manually. But also, I now have a completed copy for my file when I travel. So too much may be a good thing.