Does Carnival Have a Book on Board Program?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, they have a library

OP -- Yes, they do. It is limited to certain ships and the benefit is OBC in varying amounts based on the length of the future cruise. The information is missing on the Carnival website and they have been piloting a new program on a couple of ships that only gives $50 OBC regardless of the length of the cruise booked, so I assume that they are in the process of changing the entire program.

OK, very funny. :D What I actually meant, but phrased poorly, is can you book your next cruise while on board a Carnival ship, often with extra perks for doing so, or does Carnival not offer such a program?

I booked onboard for my upcoming cruise and got OBC...and actually I had a carnival offer for OBC at the same time and the let me stack the offers and get double OBC.

OK, very funny. :D What I actually meant, but phrased poorly, is can you book your next cruise while on board a Carnival ship, often with extra perks for doing so, or does Carnival not offer such a program?

We were on a ship last week. I booked a "sleeper" cruise. I asked the Future Cruise Associate to book the shortest, farthest out cruise using Past Guest rate only. Now that we're home, I'll search until the perfect cruise comes along and I'll contact our PVP to transfer the new cruise to the booking number.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:OP -- Yes, they do. It is limited to certain ships and the benefit is OBC in varying amounts based on the length of the future cruise. The information is missing on the Carnival website and they have been piloting a new program on a couple of ships that only gives $50 OBC regardless of the length of the cruise booked, so I assume that they are in the process of changing the entire program.

You are correct.

While talking with the FCA, I was told that the program is changing. Future Cruise Certificates worth $50, regardless of length of cruise booked, will be for sale at the Shore Excursion desk starting early May. It's being rolled out ship by ship and should be complete within six months. When she told me that, I booked a second "sleeper" cruise.

We were on a ship last week. I booked a "sleeper" cruise. I asked the Future Cruise Associate to book the shortest, farthest out cruise using Past Guest rate only. Now that we're home, I'll search until the perfect cruise comes along and I'll contact our PVP to transfer the new cruise to the booking number.

You are correct.

While talking with the FCA, I was told that the program is changing. Future Cruise Certificates worth $50, regardless of length of cruise booked, will be for sale at the Shore Excursion desk starting early May. It's being rolled out ship by ship and should be complete within six months. When she told me that, I booked a second "sleeper" cruise.

Which ship were you on? What is the exact start date? Which ship is next?

We did this as well on our last cruise. The line is always horribly long. We were able to turn in our form without waiting in that long line, and just tell them to find the shortest farthest away cruise and let us know what it is. When we decided what cruise we really wanted I called my PVP.

You are correct.

We always book a sleeper cruise as well. I'm not sure that I'll go to the trouble for $50, given the lines that you often have to stand in to even do that. Perhaps if I come across a time when there is no line, I might.

Did you happen to ask how many FCC at a time you can purchase towards a future cruise?

Carnival does not offer this. You have to book an actual cruise.

I have a stack of 5 random cruises and 2 actual booked at this time (and I don't even sail Carnival that much :) )

You can also continue to roll over, these random cruises if need be, and still keep the OBC;s as long as the SAME booking number remains. I'd suggest stacking the decks as I think the new program isn't going to be worth squat. :) Right now that is on the Vista, Glory and Conquest.

Princess which I didn't sail last year, had a purchased deposit offer with a small OBC, and so did HAL.

Does anyone know the exact rollout or specifically the order of ships in which this is going to occur? Have to agree $50 doesn't seem worth it for longer more expensive cruises. Why do they have to keep taking away the few booking incentives that are available now?? :')

I was just on the Conquest last week and booked another cruise onboard. They were offering 2 category upgrade, 50% off deposit, and $50 OBC. I don't care too much about the OBC, as I get that with my Carnival mastercard. I like the 50% off deposit. And as it was a cruise that just recently opened for booking , I was able to get my choice of cabins. Found a nice surprise today. Went online to check it, and the price was $20 cheaper than what I booked it for. Already got a price drop!!

Why isn't $50 OBC worth it? Isn't it better than nothing?

It is; however, I'm on vacation. If the line is long, I don't believe that the opportunity cost is a good value. You are welcome to have a different opinion.

I was just on the Conquest last week and booked another cruise onboard. They were offering 2 category upgrade, 50% off deposit, and $50 OBC. I don't care too much about the OBC, as I get that with my Carnival mastercard. I like the 50% off deposit. And as it was a cruise that just recently opened for booking , I was able to get my choice of cabins. Found a nice surprise today. Went online to check it, and the price was $20 cheaper than what I booked it for. Already got a price drop!!

I find the "upgrade" and reduced deposit worthless. What does ADDITIONAL money have to do with getting an OBC from a credit card, agent, Stockholders, Santa? Not interested in getting more?

I find the "upgrade" and reduced deposit worthless. What does ADDITIONAL money have to do with getting an OBC from a credit card, agent, Stockholders, Santa? Not interested in getting more?

To each his own. I'm a widow on a tight budget. so the reduced deposit helps me. I tend to not spend much on board. I don't drink, gamble, or go to specialty restaurants. I fully understand how the OBC is important to others, just not so much to me. That's what makes the world go round.

To each his own. I'm a widow on a tight budget. so the reduced deposit helps me. I tend to not spend much on board. I don't drink, gamble, or go to specialty restaurants. I fully understand how the OBC is important to others, just not so much to me. That's what makes the world go round.

On a budget I would think the OBC would be very important to you.

So am I understanding this correct essentially you are booking a cruise...getting the credit and then are able to pick which one you really want when you get home and transfer everything? Is there a penalty or charge for this?

So am I understanding this correct essentially you are booking a cruise...getting the credit and then are able to pick which one you really want when you get home and transfer everything? Is there a penalty or charge for this?

You book under past guest rate. Don't worry what the rate is.

I also always, book these with Carnival, never any booking agents.

THEN, you later know a cruise you want to sail on, call Carnival - WITH the booking number, and state you want to change to another cruise. Remind them to add the OBC since it has to be transferred manually.

Have a great cruise. :)

I've done this over 15 times since the last selling of the cruise deposits end of 2012