Discounts on Cruise Planner question

Hi,

I just logged into my cruise planner and there are various discounts on things that I would normally get like drink packages and excursions.

Will there be different discounts at different times? Should I be holding out for something? What have you guys experienced are the best ones to take advantage of.

Do these discounts go away?

If I want to change or cancel these can I?

Thanks for the information

There is no pattern to the discounts appearing and disappearing. However, if you see a better price for something you have purchased, you can cancel and reorder.

Hi,

I just logged into my cruise planner and there are various discounts on things that I would normally get like drink packages and excursions.

Will there be different discounts at different times? Should I be holding out for something? What have you guys experienced are the best ones to take advantage of.

You can book and cancel at a later date. Also, if lower prior to your cruise you can call and get it re-priced. For instance, I booked 4 tours on my upcoming Brilliance cruise. Every time I get an e-mail from RCL, I go the cruise pricing and other offers. So far, my cruise booked is much higher today than originally booked. However, I saw a small reduction of $7.50 on 2 tours. Called RCL and saved, not a lot but enough for a beer on board. :D

Ps. My other 2 tours are a bit higher than originally booked, but I wasn't going to offer any suggestions. :evilsmile:Anyway, you always check cruise prices, but also anything with cruise planner activities.

Yes I just changed my drink package last week. Bought the deluxe on sale, then last week the Sip and Surf went on sale so I called and cancelled the 1st package and rebooked the Sip And Surf as I had wanted the internet but didn't want to pay $14 a day. With the Sip and Surf worked out much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching the planner for quite some time and the first time the drink offer was available was back in the fall. Then it went back to full price until this weekend. That's the cheapest I've seen it for the refreshment package (I don't drink enough for the deluxe so haven't paid attention to it).

This is no deal for those in SKY class suites. Full price for the drink package with "free" internet which you already get. Hopefully they end this "extended" sale so I don't have to pay more for something I already have.

Glad you asked...I see a BOGO specialty dining special in my cruise planner for my September cruise, but what I'm really looking for is a three or four night specialty dining plan. It's not showing up in my cruise planner yet, but I'm hoping it will. I was thinking of buy the BOGO deal just in case.

I've been watching the planner for quite some time and the first time the drink offer was available was back in the fall. Then it went back to full price until this weekend. That's the cheapest I've seen it for the refreshment package (I don't drink enough for the deluxe so haven't paid attention to it).

Not sure what you saw refreshment on sale for but the cheapest I have been able to get is $18 per day. Internet was as low as $8.99 per day. Really depends on the sale, ship and sailing.

I see where they get ya with the discounts though and I didn't think of it. ----- if you do it that way you can't use your OBC.

I have a certain amount of OBC that I'm using for certain things but if I buy them in advance I can only use the OBC that RCCL gave me but not the OBC from my TA.

I see where they get ya with the discounts though and I didn't think of it. ----- if you do it that way you can't use your OBC.

I have a certain amount of OBC that I'm using for certain things but if I buy them in advance I can only use the OBC that RCCL gave me but not the OBC from my TA.[/quot

If you can afford it, buy whatever in advance and then when on board convert your TA OBC to cash and save it.

I have a certain amount of OBC that I'm using for certain things but if I buy them in advance I can only use the OBC that RCCL gave me but not the OBC from my TA.[/quot

If you can afford it, buy whatever in advance and then when on board convert your TA OBC to cash and save it.

How do I convert OBC to cash? That would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

Simple answer. Buy what you want today. If the price gets better, refund the package and buy it again. If you change you mind, cancel it and get refund. My experience so far, is the price will not get better on the ship, so get it while it cheaper now.

Go to Guest Services and they will give any TA OBC balance in cash. I've done this several times.

That's great. Just been reading up on this. Is this something I can only get at the end of the cruise or at any time.

That's great. Just been reading up on this. Is this something I can only get at the end of the cruise or at any time.

Usually only the last day of the cruise.