Booking two cabins with teenagers.

Just booked an interior and OV exterior on the Vision.

My husband and son are on one room, my daughter and I on the other.

But, of course want our 18 year olds to use the interior.

How strict are they with the kids being in the room without an adult ?

Should we let our steward know right away, or is better not to say anything ?

This is the first time booking two rooms for the four of us. TWO BATHROOMS ! :D

Thank you !

Just booked an interior and OV exterior on the Vision.

My husband and son are on one room, my daughter and I on the other.

But, of course want our 18 year olds to use the interior.

How strict are they with the kids being in the room without an adult ?

Should we let our steward know right away, or is better not to say anything ?

This is the first time booking two rooms for the four of us. TWO BATHROOMS ! :D

Thank you !

No one cares where anyone sleeps. Also, Royal does allow the kids to be booked in that stateroom by themselves if it's right next to or across the hall from yours.

No one cares where anyone sleeps. Also, Royal does allow the kids to be booked in that stateroom by themselves if it's right next to or across the hall from yours.

Luvindiscruiser hope you dont mind me asking on here, but Bob do you think that it will be possible for me and my husband to change into one cabin when we board? our sons are seventeen and fifteen when we are on board but our cabins are 3 floors appart. :confused: Do you think we should try and goto guest services and ask when we get on board?

Thanx in advance Mandy :)

Maybe things are different now (though I doubt it) since our daughters are now grown,..but, from about the time they were 12 and 14 on, we always just booked them into the cabin either next to ours or across the hall...with no problem whatsoever.

I dont think the cruise lines have any problem with that. They like you booking two cabins and bringing the kids. What they have the problem with is young people booking cruises WITHOUT a parent along...

Luvindiscruiser hope you dont mind me asking on here, but Bob do you think that it will be possible for me and my husband to change into one cabin when we board? our sons are seventeen and fifteen when we are on board but our cabins are 3 floors appart. :confused: Do you think we should try and goto guest services and ask when we get on board?

They don't care where anyone sleeps. Guest Services will issue extra keys for the guests who want to switch.

Once concern I would have is that you will most likely have separate muster stations, so in an emergency your guys would be in a different area. This mom would not be comfortable with that.... Have you checked to see if there are any interiors/OV closer to each other? And if you go to guest services, they just give you extra keys, so you have two passes to carry. No biggie but it was a pain always looking to see which one was my charging vs. room key.

On our last cruise (last June on Adventurer), we had booked 2 cabins that were near each other (though not right across so we had to book an adult in each room) - a JS that hubby and I intended to sleep in and an interior that I intended my kids to sleep in (18, 12, 12 at the time). A few months before the cruise, we got a great deal on an aft balcony that ended up being one deck up. When we got on the ship, we got extra keys to both rooms from guest services, met the room steward for the balcony room and told him the kids would be in that room and we would be down one in a JS. No problems at all. The kids loved having the balcony, I got a little of the best of both worlds and split my time between my JS on the hump balcony and their aft balcony. :D Like someone else said, no one cares where everyone sleeps. We had a fantastic cruise.

One note regarding muster - we had to report to the muster for the rooms we were actually booked in so hubby went with the twins to one muster station and I went with older DS to the other. No issues and in the event of an emergency I would have wanted an adult with each set of kids anyway.

Have a great cruise. :)

Thank you all. I like knowing I can get extra keys for us to use for their cabin. Maybe I can put a sticker to know whose key is what room ? I was concerned about no cell service, but realized each cabin has a phone. Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure you know your kids, but if it were me, no way would I have two teens be three floors away in their own cabin. Too many possibilities for problems with other kids etc. to allow them to be on their own like that. Would you put them in a hotel room 3 floors away? It's like having them sail by themselves. I guess I would be worried all the time. There are too many temptations on cruises and having them be so far away is not something I would ever do.

I would do everything possible to get them in a cabin closer to me if I planned to have them have their own cabin.

JMO

We sailed just last march with 2 balcony rooms side by side. 2 different muster stations. DD (12) and wife officially in one room, and Myself and DS (17) in the other. On the up side, we were able to bring 4 bottles of wine as my wife and I were registered in different rooms. Once on board, we told the steward that my wife was joining me in my room, and DS moved over to other room with DD. Anthem did not provide extra keys, but we purchased 4 Wow bands and had them programmed to the appropriate rooms. (We were never charged for the Wow bands, not sure why). Staff were totally OK with us switching rooms. As others have stated, this is a very common occurrence

I did encounter a major issue a few weeks before we boarded. I tried to have my DW officially switched to my room and DS transferred to other room. DO NOT try to do this after you have made Cruise Planner purchases and reservations. All of my DS packages were transferred to my DW and vice versa. My DW Deluxe Beverage and Internet combo package was automatically cancelled because my DS was not 21, and then RCI would not honor the package price to repurchase for my DW. I spent hours on the phone with RCI and TA to get try to get everything sorted out, until we decided it was just simpler to move them back to the original booking. I still had to repurchase the bev package at the higher price (But only slightly since tha package came on special again), but at least all our specialty restaurant reservations and excursions were back assigned to the proper guests.

dp

It has been several years but this is our experience as well. Years ago we would book a balcony for us and two insides - one for daughter and friend and one for son and friend. They allowed this as long as the cabins were close together. Eventually they changed this and made us book an adult in each room which we could do since our son was overseas and could not go. We booked me & daughter in one and wife and daughters friend in the other. Once on board we got extra keys and switched. They also rearranged the sea pass accounts for us. It was all above board and they knew we were switching cabins. This was on Freedom.

We sailed just last march with 2 balcony rooms side by side. 2 different muster stations. DD (12) and wife officially in one room, and Myself and DS (17) in the other. On the up side, we were able to bring 4 bottles of wine as my wife and I were registered in different rooms. Once on board, we told the steward that my wife was joining me in my room, and DS moved over to other room with DD. Anthem did not provide extra keys, but we purchased 4 Wow bands and had them programmed to the appropriate rooms. (We were never charged for the Wow bands, not sure why). Staff were totally OK with us switching rooms. As others have stated, this is a very common occurrence

I did encounter a major issue a few weeks before we boarded. I tried to have my DW officially switched to my room and DS transferred to other room. DO NOT try to do this after you have made Cruise Planner purchases and reservations. All of my DS packages were transferred to my DW and vice versa. My DW Deluxe Beverage and Internet combo package was automatically cancelled because my DS was not 21, and then RCI would not honor the package price to repurchase for my DW. I spent hours on the phone with RCI and TA to get try to get everything sorted out, until we decided it was just simpler to move them back to the original booking. I still had to repurchase the bev package at the higher price (But only slightly since tha package came on special again), but at least all our specialty restaurant reservations and excursions were back assigned to the proper guests.

dp

I ran into a similar issue. My DH, and DDs, ages 15 and 20, were booked into a JS on Harmony. During the last Sale I was able to get an JS and adjoining balcony for the same price as what I paid for JS. No brainer.....move the kids. However all the reservations I had for the two kids were cancelled and I had to rebook all shows and repurchase all excursions and beverage packages. Glad I received an email on this as I was still able to get sale prices.

On a related question, if I upgrade to a GS that is not close to the DDs, will one of us have to book in with the girls?

... On a related question, if I upgrade to a GS that is not close to the DDs, will one of us have to book in with the girls?

Most likely. Royal's rule is that minors can be in their own stateroom if it is next to or across the hall from the responsible adult.

Most likely. Royal's rule is that minors can be in their own stateroom if it is next to or across the hall from the responsible adult.

Thank you Bob. I will most likely just keep the JS then. On the hump with a connecting balcony cabin. Less money and we're going with a large group and none of the others are in anything higher than the JS so perks wouldn't be as useful.