'no show' help

jewals

We are booked on the Breeze in June and my husband might not be able to go due to work.

I called my pvp who said to let him be a 'no show' instead of canceling. He said we would be refunded our port fees/taxes and prepaid gratuities.

(We did not purchase insurance, but my husband is the 3rd person booked in a balcony, so his rate of $179, is all we would lose.)

Pvp said he was worried that they would reconfigure the rate for the two other guests in the cabin and we would owe more or move us to a cabin that sleeps 2. We have other family in the cabin next door and we can open our balcony partitions, so we don't want to move.

So how does that work? When we check in, do I tell them he's not coming? What about our steakhouse reservations that are under his name?

We are still hoping for the best right now, but I want to be prepared in case he can't go.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I agree with your PVP. If he cant go, just have him be a no show.

That way they cant reassign the room, or charge you more ( though I doubt they would at this point ) for the room.

It works like you said, when you get to the pier and are checking in, let them know he could not make it. They will flag it in the system and you will then be able to board 1 person short.

For the Steakhouse reservations, I would go to the Steak house after you board, say around 1 pm and let them know that you need to change them to 1 person less, and that the name holder could not make it. We have changed reservations several times in the past with no issues.

• 3 months later...
We are booked on the Breeze in June and my husband might not be able to go due to work.

I called my pvp who said to let him be a 'no show' instead of canceling. He said we would be refunded our port fees/taxes and prepaid gratuities.

(We did not purchase insurance, but my husband is the 3rd person booked in a balcony, so his rate of $179, is all we would lose.)

Pvp said he was worried that they would reconfigure the rate for the two other guests in the cabin and we would owe more or move us to a cabin that sleeps 2. We have other family in the cabin next door and we can open our balcony partitions, so we don't want to move.

So how does that work? When we check in, do I tell them he's not coming? What about our steakhouse reservations that are under his name?

We are still hoping for the best right now, but I want to be prepared in case he can't go.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Did you manage to board ok after telling them at check in going on a cruise soon and will be in a similar situation

I agree with your PVP. If he cant go, just have him be a no show.

That way they cant reassign the room, or charge you more ( though I doubt they would at this point ) for the room.

It works like you said, when you get to the pier and are checking in, let them know he could not make it. They will flag it in the system and you will then be able to board 1 person short.

For the Steakhouse reservations, I would go to the Steak house after you board, say around 1 pm and let them know that you need to change them to 1 person less, and that the name holder could not make it. We have changed reservations several times in the past with no issues.

You do not need to them them at the pier. There is no need to wait for your entire party to board.