Elegant Night

After reading A LOT ;p I am worried that what I am taking to wear on Elegant night will be too dressy. It's not a formal gown but it is very dressy. I rarely get to dress up so I was excited about getting dolled up ,but don't want to be out of place. I wanted to upload a pic so you guys could give me your opinion but It keeps failing. :loudcry: I'm sure it's me and not the site. Maybe someone can give me some pointers on uploading an image.

A short cruise may be more informal overall, but I say if you want to dress up, do it. I've worn everything from slacks to full length gown on elegant night. Nothing wrong with feeling like a princess. I remember wearing a nice dress & heels to dinner in Hawaii once & one of my hubby's coworker's wife told me I was overdressed. Didn't bother me a bit - my husband thought I looked great & I certainly looked better than any of the other women in the group.

Y'all will get some great pics, so go for it!

Since others have pretty much covered your dress, I'll try to tackle posting an image. There's a couple methods, but these forums require the photo to be uploaded to the web and posted here using the URL of the photo. You can upload photos to any number of web hosting websites (like TinyPic or PhotoBucket) or use a "cloud" account, like Dropbox or Google. Any of those will allow you to upload the photo, then get the URL of that photo to post here.

Another method is to upload a photo from your computer to your cruise critic account. When you're composing a new post, in the toolbar above the text box, there's an image of a paperclip (top row, third from the right). Click that and you should get a small pop-up window that allows you to browse files on your computer, then click "Upload." It'll attach a link to the image in your post, but won't insert the actual image into the body of your post.

Once you have the URL of your image, you're ready to insert it into the body of your post. Set your cursor where you want to insert the image and click the image insert icon in the toolbar above the text box (bottom row, third from the right, it looks like a mountain). A box will pop up asking for a URL. Paste the URL of the image you uploaded, click OK, and that's it.

You can also use images that are already uploaded to the web. For example, if you find an image you want to post, like from Google Images, just right click on that image, choose "Copy Image Location" from the menu, and follow my last step to insert the image into a post here. I hope that helps, it's a bit of a process. :)

Edited by Organized Chaos

I thought that is what I did in the message right above yours...but you have to right click on the thumbnail and it opens in another tab....or at least it is working for me...maybe it's only me that can see it..haha...And you are right..that is a process.

I thought that is what I did in the message right above yours...but you have to right click on the thumbnail and it opens in another tab....or at least it is working for me...maybe it's only me that can see it..haha...And you are right..that is a process.

Nope, we don't see it. Or at least I don't. Did you use the paperclip icon to upload it directly from your computer? I ask because you said it opened in a new tab. If you got the picture to open in a new tab, is there a URL in the address bar of that new tab? If so, copy that URL, click on the image insert icon (looks like a mountain) and paste the URL into the box that pops up, then click ok. See if that works.

I can see it when I right click on it like you said. I don't think it looks too dressy.

After reading A LOT ;p I am worried that what I am taking to wear on Elegant night will be too dressy. It's not a formal gown but it is very dressy. I rarely get to dress up so I was excited about getting dolled up ,but don't want to be out of place. I wanted to upload a pic so you guys could give me your opinion but It keeps failing. :loudcry: I'm sure it's me and not the site. Maybe someone can give me some pointers on uploading an image.

Just go enjoy your evening. Don't overthink

Sorry about that, I had to switch browsers to see it. For some reason it was blocked, probably one of my browser extensions. If you don't mind a guy's point of view, I don't think it's too dressy at all. I think it's very fitting for a cruise. It's your moment, enjoy it. :)

I was able to see it when I right clicked and opened it in a new tab. It's definitely not too dressy! Looks great! Although, on this last cruise, I wore a sequined formal dress with 4" heels. It was a seven day, and I did feel that more people dressed up for elegant nights than on the five day cruises.

You aren't dressing up for others, only yourself. You can dress up every night if that's your desire. It's your cruise, dress as you are comfortable with.

Living in Florida near the beach for last 42 of my 62 years, and being retired for 3 years, I'm comfortable in golf shorts, tshirt/golf shirt, and flip flops 24/7. I will wear slacks and nice golf shirt, but that's about the extent of my dress up on ship.

Thanks! I wish I could upload the pic and I also wish they had a "like" button for posts on this site

At the bottom of the Smilies you can click "See All 36 Smilies" .... you could use one of these ........ (y) (n) (yn) <|3 <3 :kiss-mark:

What a pretty dress! I don't think you are going to be too dressy at all, my 20 year old daughter and I are going to be that same degree of dressed up on both of our formal nights.

As long as I feel good about what I am wearing, and how my children are dressed, I really don't care what anyone else is wearing. And I care even less about whether someone else thinks I am overdressed. I love getting all dressed up, to me it is part of the fun!

Wear it!! I usually wear a formal gown the first elegant evening. The 2nd elegant evening, I wear a dressy cocktail dress.

I love dressing up and we always get a nice portrait done both evenings!

Enjoy your cruise and wear that dress!