Helicopter tour

loxley

I am looking for options for taking a helicopter tour of a glacier.

Can they be booked the day you get to port or do we need to do it ahead of time. It will probably be for one person.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

IF you are accepting of not going, and can make your efforts for finding space as soon as you have cell service, you likely will be able to pick up a single seat in Juneau. There are 3 vendors. In Skagway there is 1, but, a single seat could be available.

Certainly try, if that is your choice of booking. If you already know, you want a helicopter flight, then I'd suggest booking ahead. A lot more advantageous for planning your entire port time to your advantage tor touring.

Helicopters hold six passengers. If there are 4-6000 cruise passengers in port, you will have to determine the probability of getting a very scarce seat on the helicopters. I would book as early as possible to ensure you are not disappointed.

We have been wondering the same. I've been watching the online bookings for our preferred vendor for the past 5 weeks. We have 3 people... they've gone from having 8 different time slots open down to 3 time slots. We booked today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I frequently get walk up single seats. I do this to fill my "down" time. Of course I am very accepting of not going. As I mention- a single seat does have a chance.

For any more seats- sorry, not a good idea, unless, it doesn't matter to you if you go or not.