Intercruises Coach to/from Southampton.

welshred

i have just received my travel voucher for our coach journey down to Southampton which was complimentary after paying the Cunard Fare.

Very nice but it will be nearly 8 hours on the coach and, in my experience, the Ellison coach never has wi-fi like Eavesway often does and we never have music or television either.

Should I simply be grateful the coach is complimentary?

You could have had parking or extra On board credit if you didn't want the coach. Having spent 4 hours on one on Saturday when my train was cancelled I wouldn't fancy it but some people seem to find it relaxing.

Fortunately, when I booked we received onboard credit as well. ;)

As for driving a round trip of 560 miles, I have done it once and never again.

If we are going to spend 8 hours on a coach, entertainment should be compulsory and wi-fi a human right.

The drive time from Llandudno to Southampton is around 5 hours. Add on allowance for holdups and stops on the way and 8 hours is about what you could expect.

As for tv and music many would be pleased for it to not be available.

Have a great cruise anyway.

DAVID.

You're lucky...we are travelling from Lancaster to Southampton, being picked up at 7.15am! What you can do is download a few tv shows, films or radio programmes onto your tablet to listen to on your journey, using headphones so as to not disturb others...simples! :D

We considered the coach but nearest pick up point is 30 mls either direction from us , so we have booked the train from Manchester , just over 4 hrs .

Are you going down the same day as embarkation? We've used the coach a few times but it's an early start and a boring few hours. Can't take the car because we are flying back to Manchester so the only alternative would be the train.

Yes, we are travelling down the same day as embarkation.

Maybe radio and TV is not to everyone's taste but wi-fi would help to alleviate the boredom.

Nevertheless, the suggestion of downloading a few films onto an iPad is well worth considering.

I have researched the train but we would have to travel down to London and change stations. As a result, we would feel more comfortable getting a direct train to Southampton if we are travelling down on the day.

we've done 3 or 4 trips from Blackpool and I treat it as part of my holiday. I always have plenty to read and podcasts to listen to and just chill out ready for the cruise. We take a few snacks as well and sometimes even a glass of wine (the M&S ones)!

Are you going down the same day as embarkation? We've used the coach a few times but it's an early start and a boring few hours. Can't take the car because we are flying back to Manchester so the only alternative would be the train.

No we are going down day before and have booked a hotel close to the city centre , its a direct cross country journey with no changes , treating ourself to 1st class .

I appreciate everyone's replies.

I still think for a coach journey lasting up to seven and a half hours then wi-fi should automatically be available in 2017 and if Cunard are reading this thread, I hope they will take onboard my feedback.

Yes, we are travelling down the same day as embarkation.

Maybe radio and TV is not to everyone's taste but wi-fi would help to alleviate the boredom.

Nevertheless, the suggestion of downloading a few films onto an iPad is well worth considering.

I have researched the train but we would have to travel down to London and change stations. As a result, we would feel more comfortable getting a direct train to Southampton if we are travelling down on the day.

If you have a Netflix account you can download for watching off line. I find it great for travelling.

Sadly, I don't have a Netflix account and Sky Cinema won't allow me to download films to watch offline.

Of course, if the coach had wi-fi then I could watch Sky Go on my iPad.

Sadly, I don't have a Netflix account and Sky Cinema won't allow me to download films to watch offline.

Of course, if the coach had wi-fi then I could watch Sky Go on my iPad.

If important you can get a free 1 month Netflix trial. But probably not that important.