Will Royal Caribbean ever put a ship in Charleston?

I work in downtown Charleston. The groups complaining are the same ones who complain about everything to do with the tourism industry in Charleston. Charleston desperately needs a new passenger terminal, which has been tied up in litigation for atleast 5 years. It will probably be another 2 before this round of appeals is exhausted and they can move on to the next issue to appeal. As a fan of cruising, the idea of the terminal being right at the foot of the old market has great appeal, as a tourist. I compare it to the port in Nassua, right at the heart of the city. Those opposed, want it out in the industrial area, similar to the Freeport, which is not tourist friendly. The Ports authority has agreed to limit it to ships smaller than 3,500 passengers and 104 days a year. Plus they are working on ways to improve traffic, which really isn't that bad on cruise days. Again, a few complainers ruining it for all of us.

Multiple ? I'll be happy with one at a time . :p

Norfolk / Virginia Beach are good sized cities . Certainly bigger then Charleston .

Why can't they handle the traffic if Charleston can?

Just trying to be funny I see I've failed horribly. I'm former Navy lived in Norfolk for two years. At times Norfolk Naval Base might have 3-4 aircraft carriers on port at one time. That means 12-17K extra people commuting about Hampton roads on a daily basis. Bottom line Norfolk can handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums