Wine package - Australia cruises

Strongbox

Hi All, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I'm considering the New Zealand cruise on Diamond next Feb from Sydney, does anyone know if wine packages have been introduced yet in this area. Thanks

Ask at "Australia and New Zealand Cruisers" sub forum, not the ports of call one. And you'll get a quick answer.

I'm a non drinker.

I think so, but not sure.

I haven't seen any wine packages offered on the Aussie cruises, unfortunately.

The AIBP is AU$59pp. The wines by the glass aren't the greatest but the package gives you 40% off the price of wine by the bottle.

We were on Dawn in December and there were definitely no wine packages as I tried to get one and was told they were not available on Australian cruise.

Whole wine thing is completely different with hardly any of the wines found on the US/European wine list being on offer and with the focus very much on local wines.

To be honest, I was not impressed with what was on offer but maybe it was a case of me not managing to find the best value / something to my taste and have to admit I didn't hear anyone moaning about the wine list.

Certainly, in the event, I spent less on wine than I was expecting to pay for a wine package.

We were on Dawn in December and there were definitely no wine packages as I tried to get one and was told they were not available on Australian cruise.

Whole wine thing is completely different with hardly any of the wines found on the US/European wine list being on offer and with the focus very much on local wines.

To be honest, I was not impressed with what was on offer but maybe it was a case of me not managing to find the best value / something to my taste and have to admit I didn't hear anyone moaning about the wine list.

Certainly, in the event, I spent less on wine than I was expecting to pay for a wine package.

I agree with all of your post. The sooner Princess introduce the wine package and the water package to Australian sailings the better.

The Aus/NZ wines on offer are far from our best but priced as if they're the ant's pants of Aus/NZ wines. On Australian based cruises we choose wines from Chile and Argentina because they're better quality than the local wine at a cheaper price.