tips to apply AARP gift cards to online CruiseManager

My gift cards ($500 worth) arrived 8 days after ordering them through AARP Rewards for Good. They required a signature after the delivery person rang the doorbell, although I never had to phone anywhere to "confirm" my order.

After scratching off the hidden passcode on each, I sat down at my online CruiseManager tab of CCL to input them. I oped for making a payment - here's the tricky bit: the green button was "pay off entire balance" while the grayed-out button was "pay partial amount" with a spot for the amount. No amount of typing in the amount I wanted to pay resolved that. Hint: don't choose the "Pay entire Balance" and figure you'll work it out later - or you'll wind up inputting all the gift cards a second time!

The solution is to use the up and down arrows until the amount in the grayed-off "pay partial amount" button changes to what you intend to pay - then it turns green. Go! Choose add a gift card, type in the rather long giftcard ID number, then the passcode - and it starts to build whale-tail icon tiles above where you are entering this, showing the last 4-digits of each giftcard and the owed amount represents that. When you reach your previously-stated amount you will pay, hit the confirm button...and that's it!

I had to re-open my browser a couple of minutes later to see the full amount deducted - but there it was! Whee-heee.... it's great...and I loved knowing that these gift cards cost me 10% less than face value.

Thanks for the info. I am very nervous about the gift cards so all the details really help. My final payment is in Nov. I hope to start purchasing gcs in Oct.

May not want to wait that long if you are wanting any quantity of cards. They sell out (at least on Verizon) very quickly. I'd recommend getting a couple or a $500 one whenever you find them available and can afford. I've been trying to get them on Verizon for awhile now. Luckily I still have a couple months before my final payment is due.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Brand new cruiser to Carnival.

Bought 4 cards actual gift cards via AARP & 4 e-cards via some other on-line offer - can't remember details right now, but it was recommended on this site and lots of people bough them. .

So am I supposed to add these to my S&S acct prior to my trip? Not sure how this works.

Cruise is already PIF but will use the cards for gratuities, drinks, etc.

Would prefer to avoid going to GS, if at all possible, but want to make sure I do this correctly & w/ least amt of hassle.

TIA

TIA

Would prefer to avoid going to GS, if at all possible, but want to make sure I do this correctly & w/ least amt of hassle.

TIA

TIA

The easiest way I have found to add them to my S&S account is through the self serve kiosk. They normally have one outside of the fun shops. Just scanned the cards and applied them to my account. Real simple and typically experienced no lines.

Bought 4 cards actual gift cards via AARP & 4 e-cards via some other on-line offer - can't remember details right now, but it was recommended on this site and lots of people bough them. .

So am I supposed to add these to my S&S acct prior to my trip? Not sure how this works.

TIA

TIA

This isn't something Carnival has offered long, and I know it's non-refundable, so keep that in mind. You can use the gift cards now to purchase Cruise cash. The cruise cash is applied to your s&s balance before you board. Otherwise, you would have to take the gift cards with you and apply them in person at check in, on board at the kiosks, or at guest services.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

TIA

TIA

Redeem onboard as needed through the kiosks. If you have a remaining balance (of $5 or more) at the end of the cruise, Carnival will mail you a check.

Redeem onboard as needed through the kiosks. If you have a remaining balance (of $5 or more) at the end of the cruise, Carnival will mail you a check.

This is not correct for gift cards. If you use Carnival gift cards on your S&S account, any unused portion will be refunded in the form of a new Carnival gift card.

If you use cash on your S&S account, any unused portion can be withdrawn on board at a kiosk or guest services. If you do not withdraw remaining cash funds, Carnival will mail you a check about a week after your cruise for amounts over $10. Amounts less than $10 will be donated to St. Jude's.