Southampton to sydney

sapphire4

Having just come back from Aurora's world cruise I'd say go for it. The ports will be amazing, not to mention the wildlife. Sydney is everything you expect. Only one problem - the once in a lifetime bit! I now am plotting on how to manage to do it again!

Any thoughts or advice on the Southampton to Sydney southern hemisphere journey on Arcadia? Starting to look/think for a once in a life times trip.

G'day, we did it the other way, Sydney to Southampton via Africa on Arcadia in March/April 2012. Loved the ship, good size vessel for world cruising. Loved the itinerary. 49 days went real quick. Enjoy !! Whichever route you take.

Hi thanks. How did you find the Arcadia travels? Have been on the Sea Princess and found she moves around a bit. Sounds a bit of a funny thing to say as I'm used to sailing on a lake but for a long cruise I like something that travels well. I much prefer a larger ship like the Britannia.

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily I didn't have a luggage restriction, but lots of separates work best, even for evenings. Limit shoes to 1/2 pairs for evenings, sandals and walking or city shoes. P&O supply a hairdryer, shampoo, body lotion, conditioner and shower gel and lastly - pack some washing tabs and use the free launderettes.

Hi thanks. How did you find the Arcadia travels? Have been on the Sea Princess and found she moves around a bit. Sounds a bit of a funny thing to say as I'm used to sailing on a lake but for a long cruise I like something that travels well. I much prefer a larger ship like the Britannia.

Arcadia is Vista Class, 83,000 tonnes a bit bigger than the Sun Class - Sea Princess @ 77,000 tonnes. Arcadia handled the Great Australian Bight and Bay of Biscay (which from memory were our heaviest seas in March/April 2012) quite well, but one thing I did notice in the big swells was she creaks a lot.:halo:

Now as for small and large ships...our last cruise was in March on QM2 - Sydney to HK and our next cruises are two B2B on Adonia next June/July in Europe. Big size difference there, 30,000 tonnes to 160,000 tonnes !!!