Anyone renewing their vows??

bulldogmom

Haha...yep, we meet again. :)

The formal nights on the Pride are Monday and Friday, so you should be fine. Do you know the formal nights on the Spirit? We really would like to choose Tuesday for our renewal, if they can swing that for us.

What cabin number did you have on the aft? We had 8268 on Pride. A corner aft suite. We loved it so much that we booked another for Spirit, but we are alot lower in 4237. I am kinda worried going from deck 8 to deck 4 because of noise and vibration. Do you have any insight on this?

Thanks for the congrats...congrats to you as well. :)

Haha...yep, we meet again. :)

The formal nights on the Pride are Monday and Friday, so you should be fine. Do you know the formal nights on the Spirit? We really would like to choose Tuesday for our renewal, if they can swing that for us.

What cabin number did you have on the aft? We had 8268 on Pride. A corner aft suite. We loved it so much that we booked another for Spirit, but we are alot lower in 4237. I am kinda worried going from deck 8 to deck 4 because of noise and vibration. Do you have any insight on this?

Thanks for the congrats...congrats to you as well. :)

Neptune Goddess, thanks for referring me to this board. We, too, were married in October, but October 3, 1981. We could not sail last October, so we are renewing our vows on the May 20th cruise. I will share my photos when I get back. We have a group of 7 people, including us, attending so I chose the $385 package.

However, my question: I would like to nail the timing down as soon as we get on board. Does anyone know who I should speak with? We would like to do this on Tuesday afternoon and then head up to David's. I just found my dress at Coldwater Creek online. I have grown tired of this site, and was really pleasantly surprised that I found the dress I have been thinking of.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I am so excited.

Robin

Hi Cruzcontrol,

Glad you joined us over here. Your plans sound like exactly what we want to do. Tuesday vow renewal and then dinner at the supper club.

It is my understanding that even though the definite plans cannot be finalized until being on board, that you still contact them ahead of time to let them know of the package you want to do. You may even pre-pay, but I am not sure on that. I would think, at that point, they would give you a contact and information on what to do once you board. If not, you can ask what you do.

When I sent away for the package information this letter accompanied it. It talks of when you are ready to give them a call during their hours, so, as soon as I know which package I am doing, I will be setting it up with them.

Good Morning,

We have enclosed a 2007 Renewal of Vows package for you to review. When you are ready to book please contact our Wedding Department @ 800-933-4968. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm EST. Any of our wedding coordinators will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Carnival Wedding Department

Hi Cruzcontrol,

Glad you joined us over here. Your plans sound like exactly what we want to do. Tuesday vow renewal and then dinner at the supper club.

It is my understanding that even though the definite plans cannot be finalized until being on board, that you still contact them ahead of time to let them know of the package you want to do. You may even pre-pay, but I am not sure on that. I would think, at that point, they would give you a contact and information on what to do once you board. If not, you can ask what you do.

When I sent away for the package information this letter accompanied it. It talks of when you are ready to give them a call during their hours, so, as soon as I know which package I am doing, I will be setting it up with them.

Good Morning,

We have enclosed a 2007 Renewal of Vows package for you to review. When you are ready to book please contact our Wedding Department @ 800-933-4968. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm EST. Any of our wedding coordinators will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Carnival Wedding Department

I vaguely recall reading this as well...I will call them on Monday. I will post here what they tell me after. Thanks again

Robin:D

Hi Neptune,

I looked back in my history to see what cabin we had on our prior cruises and on Spirit we were in 8268 and loved it! We could not get that level deck on the Pride though and have 6329 booked. I cannot imagine a bad suite but I don't really have any insight as to deck 4. You'll have to let us know afterwards what your thoughts were. I am going to call Carnival next week as well and book the $385 package. My thoughts were to go to the Dinner Club afterwards as well. First one to do it needs to post pics!!

Hi Neptune,

I looked back in my history to see what cabin we had on our prior cruises and on Spirit we were in 8268 and loved it! We could not get that level deck on the Pride though and have 6329 booked. I cannot imagine a bad suite but I don't really have any insight as to deck 4. You'll have to let us know afterwards what your thoughts were. I am going to call Carnival next week as well and book the $385 package. My thoughts were to go to the Dinner Club afterwards as well. First one to do it needs to post pics!!

8268 was the exact cabin we had on the Pride and loved it too. We could have had the other corner on deck 8 on the Spirit but figured we would try the lower deck since it has more privacy with more of an overhang.

You will be getting back from your cruise a week before we leave, so I hope to hear about your experience and see some pictures. :)

Hi Neptunesgoddess and Cruz_Control,

I am planning a surprise vow renewal (the same package you are looking at) for my parent's 50th anniversary on our 6/9 sailing on the Liberty. It has to be a surprise because I think they won't do it unless I trick them into it:D! We are vacationing with 9 family members, so I think it will be very memorable for them. I called the wedding plannning desk last week for info and you need to go to the Purser's desk after boarding to book the ceremony. You can book in advance with the wedding planning desk, but as they are not able to reserve the day or time for you, she suggested it was pointless to book with her, and better to wait until boarding. We are also coordinating the ceremony with our dinner at Harry's, the Liberty's supper club.

Thanks Bella Luna for the info. I would love to hear about how things went with the surprise. That sounds very cool. :)

All:

I called and got the same reply as Bella Luna....the Wedding Dept cannot book time or day, that needs to be done on board. They didn't tell me about the Purser's desk, however...thanks for the heads up. We booked a suite this time around, so we will be getting priority boarding which will help us snag the Purser ahead of the crowds (hopefully). What a nice surprise for your parents, Bella Luna!

I promise to send info and pics as soon as I get back from the May 20th cruise.

Robin

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted the fancy-schmancy wedding' date=' he wanted just the two of us to elope. Guess who won? ME! :D

I would love to renew on the beach at sunset, just he and I, so that he can also have the wedding he wanted. Maybe next year? Still working on him :)[/quote']

We had the wedding with the works and I can tell you our renewal was so much more meaningful.

Maybe it was after 25 years we realized what marriage really means, or maybe it was just the two of us on the beach, or maybe a combination of the two, but it was one of the most memorable days of our marriage.

I’ve booked the wedding renewal package for our cruise in June as a surprise for my wife … it will be 20 years this year for us. Our actual anniversary is October 3rd, but June is the only time we could cruise this year. So I guess we’ll be having two anniversaries now :) .

Anyway, back to the topic. I’m now having second thoughts after seeing how excited a lot of you are about planning your renewal ceremony. I was planning to surprise her when the renewal package was delivered to our cabin.

What do you think … better as a surprise for her or give her the opportunity to shop and plan?

Thanks.

I’ve booked the wedding renewal package for our cruise in June as a surprise for my wife … it will be 20 years this year for us. Our actual anniversary is October 3rd, but June is the only time we could cruise this year. So I guess we’ll be having two anniversaries now :) .

Anyway, back to the topic. I’m now having second thoughts after seeing how excited a lot of you are about planning your renewal ceremony. I was planning to surprise her when the renewal package was delivered to our cabin.

What do you think … better as a surprise for her or give her the opportunity to shop and plan?

Thanks.

I am impressed that you did this on your own. The last vacation my DH planned entirely on his own was our honeymoon almost 27 years ago.

Our actual anniversary was in August and DH gave me, among other things, a card with a note to plan a vow renewal on our cruise (then next March)- but don't go overboard - he wanted something simple. That is a must input as I got other than he was wearing shorts for the renewal on the beach!!!!

What a nice romantic gesture for your wife. I think if you have been married 20 years you should probably know what she likes. Not knowing your wife I have no idea if she likes surprises or not, but I can't imagine that she would be mad at you for planning this surprise. The package on the cruise is pretty much set anyway so there really isn't much to plan till you get on the ship and choose your renewal spot.

I hope you have a great cruise and renewal.

Yeah, I realize that the package is pretty much set and I’m sure she will be more than happy since she wanted a renewal ceremony at 10 years, but we could never get anything worked out. I guess I’m more wondering if she would like to shop for a special dress and stuff like that.

As far as being impressed … thank you, but it’s taken 20 years :D .

Yeah, I realize that the package is pretty much set and I’m sure she will be more than happy since she wanted a renewal ceremony at 10 years, but we could never get anything worked out. I guess I’m more wondering if she would like to shop for a special dress and stuff like that.

As far as being impressed … thank you, but it’s taken 20 years :D .

If she is a clothes nut, as I am, it might be a big deal to her. I am sure she will be bringing lots of nice things along anyway.

If you think she will stress about the dress, you might tell her. But she shouldn't have too much trouble finding things in the summer at the last minute.

I had a terrible time finding things after the season was over.....

Frankly, I bring enough clothes normally that I wouldn't have a problem finding something to wear!!! She could wear one of her formal dresses for the renewal.

Good luck.

Tiger,

I guess it depends on what type of person she is. You know her better than any of us, so if she is the type that enjoys planning things or, like love2 said, is a clothes horse, maybe letting her know is the way to go. You could suprise her with the news of the renewal though. How about proposing to her all over again and give her a box or envelope with the news of the renewal inside.

Shaden,

I would love to hear about it and see pictures!

Tiger,

My thoughts are that you could do a total surprise as long as you somehow convince her to splurge on a new dress for "formal night" but you will know its really for your renewal! Maybe shop with her so you can steer her towards what would be nice for a renewal. I think most of us buy a new dress when planning a cruise so if she isn't planning on getting anything new you could atleast put the thought in her head.

Shaden,

We need details!! LOL - oh yeah and a picture or two would be WONDERFUL - I can't wait to hear more! Thanks!!!

To all: Have you found any nice websites for reasonable t-length formal dresses for a renewal?? I am not sure if I want to drag my original gown out of its preserved box to take onto the ship as I had first thought. Maybe something pretty and new would be the way to go - such dececisions - LOL

Tiger,

My thoughts are that you could do a total surprise as long as you somehow convince her to splurge on a new dress for "formal night" but you will know its really for your renewal! Maybe shop with her so you can steer her towards what would be nice for a renewal. I think most of us buy a new dress when planning a cruise so if she isn't planning on getting anything new you could atleast put the thought in her head.

Shaden,

We need details!! LOL - oh yeah and a picture or two would be WONDERFUL - I can't wait to hear more! Thanks!!!

To all: Have you found any nice websites for reasonable t-length formal dresses for a renewal?? I am not sure if I want to drag my original gown out of its preserved box to take onto the ship as I had first thought. Maybe something pretty and new would be the way to go - such dececisions - LOL

What color do you have in mind?We are doing a renewal on board a few days after we have a small wedding at our house.We wanted to get married on board but between the cost and the fact that none of our family would be able to attend(because of age of mothers and distance to port)we decided to do it this way.It's a second wedding for both of us and I found a light taupe 2 piece long dress to wear for the wedding and the renewal.Cost me $31 including shipping and tax.

Laura