Anyone renewing their vows??

bulldogmom

Good morning all.....I will post some pix tonite when I get home from work!!

That would be awesome! I love the picture in your avatar. :)

As far as what we are wearing? I haven't decided to go with a more casual beachy type wear ie: Me in flowy airy type dress, him in the gauzy mexican type wedding shirt and pants....or the formal wear. My hubby always rents a tux for the formal nights, so he would be set in that department and I could just find something ivory or light pink. Decisions indeed. :D

I am in the beginning stages of setting up a vow renewal for me and the hubs in Galveston before we get on. Is there anyone who went the Galveston route (not on the ship) and can give me some good tips?

I called usviwedding.com today, and booked our vow renewals for St. John's in the Virgin Islands while the ship is in port at St. Thomas. Sounds like a good time. Now we just need to find our clothes to wear for it, since it will be on the beach. We get on the plane this Friday, so time's running out!

I called usviwedding.com today, and booked our vow renewals for St. John's in the Virgin Islands while the ship is in port at St. Thomas. Sounds like a good time. Now we just need to find our clothes to wear for it, since it will be on the beach. We get on the plane this Friday, so time's running out!

OH--- that takes me back. We did our renewal on Hawksnest Beach in St. John. It was beautiful. :D

There are some great sun dresses out there this year. Dillards has some nice things and I saw at least three white sun dresses in different styles when I was in JC Penny last week.

Of course last year there wasn't anything out- when I wanted it. I always seem to be a year ahead of myself on my fashion wants!!:rolleyes:

Have a super renewal; St. John's is so beautiful you won't be sorry.

usviwedding.com sent us the contract today, (Ceremonies of St. John) and the cost for the vow renewal is $362, plus a 20% service charge of $72.00, for a total of $434.00. What's with this service charge? Anybody else use the same company and experience this?

I'll be calling them tomorrow to ask about this. Somewhat odd.

Doing the ceremony on Trunk Bay Beach, with has a $4.00 per person access fee.

usviwedding.com sent us the contract today, (Ceremonies of St. John) and the cost for the vow renewal is $362, plus a 20% service charge of $72.00, for a total of $434.00. What's with this service charge? Anybody else use the same company and experience this?

I'll be calling them tomorrow to ask about this. Somewhat odd.

Doing the ceremony on Trunk Bay Beach, with has a $4.00 per person access fee.

We used Ceremonies of St. John. Stacy was awesome and so was Rev. Jauggernot (sp)- the ceremony seemed made just for us.

The fee sound sright, thought I know the price went up a bit after we booked our ceremony. We also didn't have to pay the entrance fee because Hawksnest if free. Included in that fee is the "license" to have the ceremony at a Federal Park. Other places charge and extra 75.00 for that.

If you want to see my photos (I am not thrilled with the dress) they are at

http://www.jlfcruise06.dell.shutterfly.com

under the St. Thomas folder.

Good luck.

Shaden,

I love your pictures! What a great turn out you had for the celebration too! What ship were you on? It looked like a really nice package. Did you move the celebration into the dining room afterward? It looked like you went to a couple of places and the celebration continued. What a great day. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

Judi,

I love your pictures also. The photos of you and your hubby on the beach with that gorgeous blue water are postcards. I would opt for the beach if I knew for sure a port wouldn't be cancelled or postponed. You just never know with cruises, so I don't want to take that chance. Thank you for posting your pics.

Both these renewals were so different and yet really cool. It was great to see the contrast. Private vs. Guests, Beach vs. Ship, Reception after vs. no Reception. Two totally different options and yet both so beautiful. It really helps to see the options through pictures. Thank you both so much.

NeptuneGoddess,

Thanks! It was beautiful and we were lucky to have friends and family join us. We were on Explorer of the Seas. After the ceremony we went into Cloud Nine, a small room and had an hors' dourves party with open bar for 1 hour and that was an extra $29.00 per person. We did continue the party after that into many area of the ship......and into late seating dinner, our waiter/s had put balloons on the table and were blowing bubbles, it was a lot of fun!

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

love2vacation, I love your pics!!! Very nice.....intimate and beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

Clayswife-

A vow renewal ceremony is part of the Jim Brickman 2008 Valentine cruise :)

It is beautiful. The captain officates and Jim does a toast to the couples and we all (those in the Brickman cruise group that is!) enjoy champagne.Very touching even for those of us whose husband won't be on board.

Claire

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Bella Luna for the info. I would love to hear about how things went with the surprise. That sounds very cool. :)

Hi NeptunesGoddess

We are just back from the Carnival Liberty and wanted to let you know about the 50th anniversary vow renewal we surprised my parents with. We used the basic Carnival package, which we booked at the purser's desk immediately after boarding. They put us in touch with Tracy from Guest Services who coordinated everything with me. She was extremely helpful and very nice and also was at the renewal.

The ceremony was held in the Tapestry Room, a small room that looks as if it is used for weddings. Funny enough, my parents and I walked past the room earlier in the day when they were setting up and my mother commented that they must be having a wedding on board. Of course, I was trying not to laugh out loud, little did she know it was her "wedding":p We told my parents that they were taking group photographs downstairs and that's where we were going. It worked out great and they were truly surprised. The ceremony was a bit corny, but my father had tears in his eyes as he repeated the vows after the captain. My brother walked my mom down the isle.

Carnival provided music (CD), a single rose for my mom and a buttoniere (I'm sure I spelled that wrong!) for my dad, a bottle of champagne (Korbel) and anniversary flutes , wedding cake, certificate in a binder and a complimentary 8x12 photo, and the services of the captain, who performed the ceremony and stayed afterwards for champagne and photos. There was also a ships photographer there, which enabled us to get some great photos without waiting in lines upstairs. We went to Harry's Supper Club for dinner that night and they sent the cake up for dessert.

I will say that the staff on the Liberty went out of their way to make the evening special and it was a nice opportunity to speak directly with the captain in a quiet setting. I know my Dad really enjoyed asking him about the inner workings of the ship. My parents would have never done this on their own, but they ended up really enjoying the evening.

IMG_0192_edited.jpg.c261f8c0688d8770a7fe1ecec804ba05.jpg

IMG_0210_edited.jpg.651c9934ded73378532a8dd53329c4c5.jpg

IMG_0190_edited.jpg.f527b40f60fff3bd553f69ec70765fb0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the update on your parents surprise renewal! I love the pics! I am so excited to be able to do this while onboard. The cake was VERY nice! Was this just the standard cake they provide or did you pay extra for a nicer cake. Thank you again for sharing how the event went!

How are your plans coming along?? Did you get that outfit yet? I haven't done much for a dress - still contemplating wearing the original gown that is in a preserved box. Within 10 lbs of my original wedding weight so I "think" with 91 days left I can do it!! LOL - I would hate to take it out of its preservation state to find out things have shifted in 10 years. 3 months to go til we are sailing the high seas!!

Hi Alwaysready,

Nope, I have not got the dress yet. Still contemplating on gauzy, flowy casual or formal. I haven't even booked the package yet. Do you have to do it ahead of time? I have been seeing that for the vow renewal you can wait until you board. Maybe I should at least let them know I am coming. hehe

10 pounds from your same weight on the day you married? Ugh.. I don't even wanna think about it. I am sure you could probably fit into that dress right now...so 90 days in no problem. What I would give to be only 10 pounds from my wedding day weight. *sigh*

Let me know what you decide on the dress.

Now Neptune you forget one important detail - this is my 10th anniversary and yours is your 25th! Last year when I booked this cruise I actually was 40 lbs heavier than the original day and I freaked. I thought GEEZ if you can gain 40 in 10 years what will you be in 20 or 30?? LOL - I bought myself a personal trainer at the gym as a Christmas present -well I didn't exactly buy HIM but you know what I mean :^) I am planning on just booking my renewal when I board the ship. From what everyone has written it seems like there is no need to do it ahead of time. I would be very bummed though if this were not the case on my ship.

*lol* @ "bought him" hehe...well good for you on the weight loss! That is awesome. I am trying to drop some pounds but I will in no way be skinny by the time the cruise gets here.

I have been looking at dresses tonight online and still can't decide on casual summery or formal. This is a toughy for me. If we go formal..the hubby can just use the tux he uses on formal nights. If we go casual I will have to buy him something as well. I was thinking those gauzy type mexican wedding shirts and drawstring pants that guys wear. Decisions, Decisions.

• 8 months later...

Does anyone have copies of their vow renewal certificate, vow samples that Royal Caribbean sent, itinerary/programs for the vow renewal ceramony? Any suggestioins for guest gifts? Some on this thread have stated that their renewal was on a formal night even though Royal claims they don't do them then, is it only certain ships or if there are not many weddings/renewals? Also how much were the photo packages and what was included in them?

Thanks I am OCD and love to over plan.:D

We're planning a vow renewal on the Carnival Ecstasy June 2009. I can't decide whether to do it in port, for which I will have to pay the wedding prices, but could have people who are not sailing with us come, or do it at sea. Since they don't do it on formal days, would we be giving up one of our excursion days for the renewal or would they do it the last sea day? I don't know if I want to wait that long into the cruise to do the renewal.

• 1 month later...

Crusin girl, I think you posted on the Legend board and since this board might be more appropriate for asking vow renewal I thought I would ask you a few questions. Did you go through Carnival to make your arangements? I see that it is mentioned that they don't do the renewal on formal nights, did you find this to be the case? Our actual 25th wedding anniversary falls on the first formal night and I would of loved to be able to renewal our vows on that day. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. And congrats on the 10 years! We were in the same boat 25 years ago when we got married at the courthouse, everyone around us placed bets on how long our marriage was going to last and I guess we fooled them all! It has been a great 25 years and we are looking forward to our next 25.

Crusin girl, I think you posted on the Legend board and since this board might be more appropriate for asking vow renewal I thought I would ask you a few questions. Did you go through Carnival to make your arangements? I see that it is mentioned that they don't do the renewal on formal nights, did you find this to be the case? Our actual 25th wedding anniversary falls on the first formal night and I would of loved to be able to renewal our vows on that day. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. And congrats on the 10 years! We were in the same boat 25 years ago when we got married at the courthouse, everyone around us placed bets on how long our marriage was going to last and I guess we fooled them all! It has been a great 25 years and we are looking forward to our next 25.

Well, I don't know much about the renewals as I opted for a more traditional "wedding" as we wanted to finally have a "formal" ceremony with family and friends. But every time I call they ask me if I would like to "downgrade" to just a renewal package. But we wanted a reception and wanted to renew our vows on our actual anniversary(which is embarkment day) and they don't do renewals on embarkment day. But I would call the Carnival wedding department and get the info- or I have seen on the capers where you could sign up after you boarded the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that a lot of you are going on Carnival and RCCL for your cruises and vow renewals. Has anyone out there used MSC Cruise lines for a vow renewal? We are renewing our vows for our 30th anniversary and were wondering about MSC since they let kids sail free and we havw so many grandchildren that are coming. There will be 25 sailing and that is just our kids and their spouses and grandbabies.

Thank for the help,

Tom and Gerry