Just Off the Crown Princess - April 22-May 6. We are leaving Princess.

I have read and watched the YouTube video, we were on the same TA, the toilets did smell all the time, my guess the water in the system had issue, a urine smell whenever it was used. The anytime dining lines, same as you always see, I guess it depends on what time you want to dine. Entertament was the usual Princess fare, lots more participation events than normal and great cruise staff. Dining room food same old same old. What more can I say. It's Princess and I don't want a Hi Five as I board the ship.........

I got off Crown on Saturday and didn't have any real complaints. The food was good, better I think than on Emerald last year, and the service was excellent. The only annoyance was the slow tendering at one port and long queues for the shuttle at another one.

We have spent a lot of cruising on the Crown. Done transatlantics, Hawaii Tahiti, and several shorter cruises when it was

cruising out of San Pedro. I found it no different in service, food, entertainment than any other ships in the same class.

Friends recently did a transatlantic and had absolutely no complaints. We will be leaving in August for three cruises on her

totally 38 days and looking forward to cruising. The only complaint I have had is the condition of the mattresses and that is hit and miss depending on your cabin. (I was unlucky to have had a broken mattress with hole in middle). Won't settle if this happens again and insist on a mattress change.

If anyone looks hard enough they will find all kinds of fault on any cruise.

Just wondering if they still serve "high tea"? It was lovely...but it has been a while since we sailed with them.

We were just on Crown and afternoon tea was between 3.30pm and 4.30pm in one of the midships dining rooms, I think it was the one on Deck 6.

It wasn't high tea which is something completely different and not ever on any Princess ship.

Thanks, Nina and Frank. It's always reassuring to hear from friends. I know two people on the same ship can have wildly different experiences that are a world apart. I was one of them on Ruby Princess. Expectations and past experiences play one part, crew interactions and actual onboard experiences can vary from sailing to sailing. This cruise was great, the next had a Maitré D change and the food quality takes a nose dive.

My Crown Princess cruise is the first after a transatlantic and the end of the 2017 Europe season. No time for any minor upkeep after that rigorous schedule, and a possible large number of crew changes post-Europe (?), also add to my concern.

The cruise was a really great deal for a solo rate, topping it off with $250 OBC. That in itself makes it hard to let go of, but I'd have to spend more than 4X that just to to get the "free money". Crazy logic, huh? I guess the bitter taste from Ruby Princess never left my mouth. If Regal Princess weren't twice the cost I'd book her.

:D

I believe the food quality comes from the chef, not the Matre 'D. Although I could be wrong

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We were just on Crown and afternoon tea was between 3.30pm and 4.30pm in one of the midships dining rooms, I think it was the one on Deck 6.

It wasn't high tea which is something completely different and not ever on any Princess ship.

May I ask what was afternoon tea? Was it tea, small sandwiches, cakes and scones?

I believe you can order afternoon tea in your cabin for suite guests.

May I ask what was afternoon tea? Was it tea, small sandwiches, cakes and scones?

I believe you can order afternoon tea in your cabin for suite guests.

It was tea poured from a teapot unless you requested a specialty teabag tea like Earl Grey, if you wanted milk you had to ask.

scones and cream and jam

little rolls with different fillings

slices of cherry fruit cake and small cakes

Sorry I have no idea about suite guest service, we are not rich and travel in an inside guarantee cabin

It was tea poured from a teapot unless you requested a specialty teabag tea like Earl Grey, if you wanted milk you had to ask.

scones and cream and jam

little rolls with different fillings

slices of cherry fruit cake and small cakes

Sorry I have no idea about suite guest service, we are not rich and travel in an inside guarantee cabin

Were the scones hard floury rocks or the real deal?

I have cruised on every Princess ship since 1993 except Sun and Dawn and our transatlantic on Crown last month was the worst cruiseship experience ever. A struggle from beginning to end.

So I won't disagree with the OP.

And won't be on Crown again ever. And some of the others are a bit iffy.

But we were on Majestic for the last 2 weeks and found it excellent!

Then you won't ever want to sail on the Sun or the now P&O Dawn. The Sun really is the bottom of the Princess barrel.

Were the scones hard floury rocks or the real deal?

The scones on Crown were OK, not the real deal like they are ( or maybe just used to be as I haven't sailed recently) on Cunard.

But after the Crown last month we were on Majestic and the scones were wonderful. Decent size, not overbaked and did not fall to pieces when you cut them in half.

Best I have ever had on a Princess ship.

Then you won't ever want to sail on the Sun or the now P&O Dawn. The Sun really is the bottom of the Princess barrel.

I was told that a few years ago which I guess is why I never bothered cruising on Sun or Dawn.

I only reluctantly went on Crown as it had the reputation for years of being the worst ship for tummy trouble. But on my cruise there was none I was aware of and the crew said it seemed to be generally OK now.