Hilton-embassy suites-fll or deerfield beach

oldmom

We always stay at FLL- Embassy Suites-17th ST. when we cruise out of FLL-we have Hilton points-so it is a free stay-we like the hotel-BUT thinking of trying a different Hilton property-we have a car-so we park at port-we get off as self assist-to get on road to go home ASAP. Anyone stay at DEERFIELD-it is closer to beach- Is it nicer than FLL?-also looking at Doubletree in FLL.We like Embassy Suites-my husband needs less sleep-likes the separate living room-to retreat as I sleep longer. Thanks-

We always stay at FLL- Embassy Suites-17th ST. when we cruise out of FLL-we have Hilton points-so it is a free stay-we like the hotel-BUT thinking of trying a different Hilton property-we have a car-so we park at port-we get off as self assist-to get on road to go home ASAP. Anyone stay at DEERFIELD-it is closer to beach- Is it nicer than FLL?-also looking at Doubletree in FLL.We like Embassy Suites-my husband needs less sleep-likes the separate living room-to retreat as I sleep longer. Thanks-

If I can be any help, I live here in south Florida, while Deerfield Beach is nice it's about 30 plus minutes from the port, depending on traffic, so if you choose to stay here don't drive during normal rush hour 95 is crazy. I wouldn't recommend the Hilton as its right off the highway and more of a businessman hotel where as the Embassy Suites is right on the ocean and within walking distance to some nice restaurants. There really is no great perk to staying in Deerfield unless you want beachfront. For convenience Fort Lauderdale, all depending on what you are looking for. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks-I agree I-95 is a nightmare! We have stayed 3 times at Embassy on 17th St-just looking for something different-thought Deerfield might be fun-since it is closer to beach. Love me some Embassy Suites. Our cruise leaves on Sunday-would probably do A-1A to port-early-stay off interstate.

Our wedding was at the Bahia Mar on Ft. Lauderdale beach. It was a Radisson then but is a Doubletree now. I have not been there in years but it is a great location. Wedding is a funny story, we moved it there the day before b/c of a hurricane that cut the power to Marco Island & they were able to accommodate us. Also if you are driving to port on a Sunday traffic shouldn't be an issue. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks-I agree I-95 is a nightmare! We have stayed 3 times at Embassy on 17th St-just looking for something different-thought Deerfield might be fun-since it is closer to beach. Love me some Embassy Suites. Our cruise leaves on Sunday-would probably do A-1A to port-early-stay off interstate.

I would disagree and say that A1A from Deerfield Beach to Port Everglades would be the nightmare. There is nothing but slow going, stoplights and tall buildings. With no traffic you're looking at over an hour drive to Port Everglades while I-95 on a Sunday morning would be clear sailing.

I would disagree and say that A1A from Deerfield Beach to Port Everglades would be the nightmare. There is nothing but slow going, stoplights and tall buildings. With no traffic you're looking at over an hour drive to Port Everglades while I-95 on a Sunday morning would be clear sailing.

I live just south of Deerfield Beach right on A1A (in one of those tall buildings on the beach :D) and think that the one hour estimate is too high especially on a Sunday morning. We would definitely take A1A on a Sunday morning (as long as it isn't the Sunday before Presidents Day when the Fort Lauderdale marathon takes over half of A1A from the beach up to the Hillsboro Inlet).

There are some lovely portions of the drive too - especially the Hillsboro Mile where the .01% have their mansions on the beach side of the road and their yachts on the Intracoastal side, the town of Lauderdale-by-the Sea with its mom and pop motels (to give you and idea of what the area looked like before condos), and the Fort Lauderdale Beach. If you do decide to take A1A, timing is important. The drawbridge over the HIllsboro Inlet (about 5 - 10 minutes south of the Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach) raises on demand every 15 minutes (:00, :15, :30, and :45) so time your departure from the hotel to avoid that. The approach to Port Everglades over the 17th Street Bridge and the view of all the ships in port is sure to get you even more excited about your cruise. That too is a drawbridge (but a very high one so it doesn't have to open frequently) that opens on demand on the hour and half hour.