Confused - Long Beach Staggered Check in times/Insparation/Have not sailed lately

foxesden1

Hii ya everyone!

I have not sailed Carnival in a while, so I wanted to check in - I noticed that they are running a staggered check in time - with 12 noon showing as the first time available. (was their a earlier one and I totally missed it??).

I also found out they no longer do early check in on the Queen Mary -

Back in the day, I used to be on board the ship by 12 - not check in at 12!

We have FTTF - can we arrive before 12 noon? (Disney you can) What time do they start to check people in? Is FTTF even worth it know?

Thanks - and I am sorry if repeat questions - I did do searchers first, I promise!

foxesden1

Yes 12noon is the first time available to pick to check in BUT with FTTF you can come anytime you want! You still need to pick a time for check in on the drop down menu but then just ignore it and come as early as you like.

You will check in outside on a special line for FTTF people.

Thanks for these questions! We are frequent disney sailors and have booked carnival for the first time. We bought FTTF since we have no clue how the embarkation works with carnival. Hard to switch from what you are so used to!

We cruised the Inspiration in December and got there around 11:00 and were on board around 11:20. As others have said, you can select a check in time but with FTTF you can get there whenever you like. Have a good cruise

Thanks for these questions! We are frequent disney sailors and have booked carnival for the first time. We bought FTTF since we have no clue how the embarkation works with carnival. Hard to switch from what you are so used to!

FTTF is great because when you board you can go directly to your cabin and drop off your carry on bags before you head to lunch. If you don't have it you must wait until 1:00 or after to do that.

Check in normally starts at 9:30 outside in the plaza, formerly at the Queen Mary. Boarding normally starts around 11:30. Wedding parties go first then Diamond, platinum and balconies,then FTTF. Process normally takes 15-20 minutes. Then they start with Zones. Staggered check in is not enforced in Long Beach yet, however you still have to pick a time or one will be picked for you. After the dome opens for boarding and plaza is cleared from guests that have already checked in,then all check in is inside the dome.

Normally = all things go right with debark and customs.

With FTTF, I would get there about 11:00 check in outside in the FTTF line, if you want to be on the ship as soon as possible

Check in normally starts at 9:30 outside in the plaza, formerly at the Queen Mary. Boarding normally starts around 11:30. Wedding parties go first then Diamond, platinum and balconies,then FTTF. Process normally takes 15-20 minutes. Then they start with Zones. Staggered check in is not enforced in Long Beach yet, however you still have to pick a time or one will be picked for you. After the dome opens for boarding and plaza is cleared from guests that have already checked in,then all check in is inside the dome.

Normally = all things go right with debark and customs.

With FTTF, I would get there about 11:00 check in outside in the FTTF line, if you want to be on the ship as soon as possible

Thanks, JB! This is exactly the kind of info I needed. I have gone through my online check in and it does not give me an option to pick a check in time, but I do not cruise until 3/2018 so maybe that is why?

This is the current process as of right now. The dome is going through some construction right now and I don't know the expected completion date. Things will definitely change between now and when you cruise. The entire dome will become the use of Carnival and will become a check in and debark at the same time, where right now they have to completely debark and be cleared by customs before embark can start. I would ask your question again when it gets closer to your cruise date. My understanding is that there will be other changes, as time goes by.